Echo & Alexa Forums

Alexa not finding my playlists

rintelen

Alexa not finding my playlists
« on: September 14, 2017, 08:59:23 pm »
This is really annoying. Suddenly both my Alexa and Echo Dot are unable to find my playlists! What is wrong? And how can I correct this? I've tried unplugging them and restarting but nothing solves it! I can make it play via my app, but that defeats the purpose of having these pieces of technology. If you cannot sort it out quickly via an email to me then I will go to Jeff and complain!

Dasym

Re: Alexa not finding my playlists
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2017, 04:50:56 am »
Same problem here, won't find playlists in Amazon Music when requested by voice but they can be played from the Alexa app. They're looking into it!

Makes my Echos and Dots useless for me, and my Unlimited subscription.

Tigger79

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2017, 05:44:36 am »
I'm also having this problem,can play music but not my playlists. I've rebooted Alexa and the WiFi but the only difference it made was she said something different!! I'm assuming there's been some update that's inadvertently messed it up!

Offline tthoben

• Greetings from sunny Singapore!
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2017, 12:04:11 pm »
I'm also having this problem,can play music but not my playlists. I've rebooted Alexa and the WiFi but the only difference it made was she said something different!! I'm assuming there's been some update that's inadvertently messed it up!

some useful information from this thread you may find useful: http://www.echotalk.org/index.php/topic,1458.msg8814.html#msg8814
Echo Dot @ SG

mindmagic

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2017, 04:23:24 am »
Alexa suddenly stopped finding two Prime playlists which I'd had in my library for ages. I've just discovered that she can now find them because I've deleted them from my library!

Iain

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2018, 04:57:48 am »
I had trouble with alexa not finding my playlists on amazon music. I would say “play [name] playlist on amazon music”. Alexa would hear correctly but play a random playlist instead of my playlist. After a call to amazon customer service, who were fantastic i have to say, they fixed the problem. I need to say “play my [name] playlist”.

I can see this is going to get difficult to say everything just the way alexa wants to hear it...looking forward to some alexa learning!

mindmagic

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2018, 04:27:57 am »
Generally I only need to say "playlist X".

mike015pgh

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2020, 01:10:16 pm »
I had a similar issue, where playlist would not work on one device but worked on others, found the user was changed. just had to say "Alexa switch user to Mike."