Echo & Alexa User Discussions and Support Forums

When a person is not breathing, permanent brain damage begins after 4 minutes and death in 6 minutes after that. Can you count on help arriving before that time? Learning proper CPR techniques is easy and you can learn it in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.

Playing a specific song on my Echo

Playing a specific song on my Echo
« on: September 11, 2017, 11:04:09 am »
Hi.
I purchased the extended Music Storage (250,000 songs) and started uploading my library to it.
How can I play a specific song, for example:
I want to play Smoke on the Water, but I have the original studio version (on Machine Head), the live version (on Made in Japan), plus some other versions on live albums. Is there a way to tell Alexa which one I want?

Thanks

ADDED:
How can I tell how many songs I have in Music Storage?
« Last Edit: September 11, 2017, 02:25:32 pm by Photoman15 »

Offline kevb

Re: Playing a specific song on my Echo
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2017, 02:32:06 pm »
Try "play Smoke on the water from the album Machine Head".  You may need to add "in my music library". I haven't uploaded any music, so I don't know it that is necessary or not.

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2017, 04:06:04 pm »
So far this seemed to work (without the "from my library"). I tried it with 5 songs I know have different versions. I'll play with it tonight and tomorrow and see if it always works. :)  Thank you

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2017, 05:06:27 pm »
Now I have another question. I don't think I should start a new thread just for it.
Is it possible to upload (or whatever) an m3u playlist to Amazon music?