Echo & Alexa Forums

Instead of playing song, Alexa asks to make Pandora station

sinecure

Instead of playing song, Alexa asks to make Pandora station
« on: September 04, 2017, 04:17:33 pm »
My kids discovered that when they ask Alexa "Play Bad Things by Camila Cabello" or "Play the song Bad Things by Camila Cabello", Alexa instead responds "Should I add a station for Camila to your Pandora account?"  We have tried different pronunciations, but her response is always the same.  I do have Amazon Music Unlimited.  Could someone try this on their Echo and let me know what response they get, or perhaps point me in the right direction?  Thanks.

Re: Instead of playing song, Alexa asks to make Pandora station
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2017, 05:48:02 pm »
what happens when you ask alexa to play bad things without the name

sinecure

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2017, 10:41:09 am »
what happens when you ask alexa to play bad things without the name

She replies "Should I add a station for Bad Things to your Pandora account?"  She plays other requested songs and artists without any issues.

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2017, 04:55:46 am »
you are going to have to name the specific music service as part of the command.  for example play soso on amazon music

Jerome

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2017, 03:18:03 pm »
The command "Play Bad Things by Camila Cabello" worked on the first try for me.
I have Spotify as my default music service so Spotify played the song. Since I made Spotify the default, I don't have to add "on Spotify" at the end of my request.
I don't have a subscription to Amazon Music but I do have an active Pandora account setup on Echo.

asianrocker

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2017, 03:59:46 pm »
Mine says I don't have audio account or something. LOL. So someone in your household made pandora the default player maybe?