Echo & Alexa Forums

FIRE TV question

THChess

FIRE TV question
« on: September 02, 2017, 03:09:53 pm »
I just bought a DOT and a FIRETV dongle with remote.

Both function well.

However, when I try to integrate them, it doesn't work.  From within the Alexa app, I try to pair the firetv remote and the dot can not find the fireTV remote.

Now, this remote has a big button in the center of the navigation circle AND a play/pause button below that.  I have tried both of these when asked to hold the button for (at least) 5 seconds.  The ECHO Dot never finds the remote.

Both devices, and the TV, and other DOTs in the house are all on the same network.

Is there a known issue for this?  When I search, I just keep getting the instructions... which doesn't help.

Any productive insight on this would be appreciated.

THC

mike27oct

Re: FIRE TV question
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2017, 04:45:06 pm »
My Alexa devices work with the current Fire TV stick, so I don't think there is an issue , because I do not recall pairing the Alexa devices with the FT remote.  The devices just find one another on the network.  Suggest you visit amazon.com site, and click on Help to find the help for these two devices to be sure you are doing things correctly.

Offline jwlv

Re: FIRE TV question
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2017, 10:16:19 pm »
Fire TV remote is for Fire TV only. Echo remote is for Echo, Dot, or Tap only. They are not interchangeable.