Echo & Alexa Forums

Call / drop-in / page multiple Echos at once

belwynn

Call / drop-in / page multiple Echos at once
« on: September 02, 2017, 12:44:18 am »
I am looking to outfit my parents' house with Dots mainly for their convenience, and ran into a conundrum.  For their house, I would like to put in four or five Dots so they don't have to move around rooms to use one.  That said, I would like for them to be able to communicate with each other regardless of the room they are in, to replace their current "screaming Marco Polo" technique.  There are the drop-in and call features with Alexa, but those seem to be for one Echo to one Echo, and they would not have patience checking each Dot to find the room the other is in.  Is there a way to link the whole group so that one could call or drop-in to the whole group from a single Dot? 

If not, is there a way to page the group with the name of the location, so that the other person could drop-in or call one-to-one?  Think "Incoming page from the Office", then "Drop-In on the office".  I would guess that there either is or could be something on IFTTT that would accomplish this task - just figured to ask the experts before I start fiddling around with my setup to see what I can make work.

StevenR

Re: Call / drop-in / page multiple Echos at once
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2017, 05:15:46 am »
I don't have calling enabled, so I am not able to test this, but from what I have read you can just say "Alexa, call Home" and this will cause all Echos and Echo Dots associated with the home email address to "ring" and the call can be answered from any of them.