Echo & Alexa Forums

Skills

Spineshade

Skills
« on: January 05, 2016, 04:07:33 pm »
Hello I love my echo,  we got one for this Christmas and I have a question about skills.

So i enabled some skills like a half a hour ago and none am too be working.  Is there a time limit?

fstbusa

Re: Skills
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2016, 08:33:04 am »
make sure you know how to activate a skill... there are usually specific phrase needed to use them.

Which ones are you having problems with?  It should be instant when you enable them.

Spineshade

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2016, 02:55:26 pm »
The 7 minute workout one.  I went into the Alexa app and enabled it.  Here is a question that could help with a answer to my first one.  The echo is registered to me and my amazon account and I can control everything from my app.  It's using my girlfriends prime account (amazon home profile or whatever)  would that be affecting it) .  Like everytime I use the app I can see everything we have asked Alexa to do. 

fstbusa

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2016, 03:17:25 pm »
I do know that you can have multiple profiles linked to the echo.  Make sure you are using your own profile/account when trying to get alexa to start seven min workout.

Spineshade

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2016, 03:59:39 pm »
Okay I'll try that thanks cause I think it's linked to her profile for the music since she had the funds to get prime.