Echo & Alexa Forums

New Premium Mount for the Echo Dot is available!!!!

Re: New Premium Mount for the Echo Dot is available!!!!
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2017, 07:55:53 am »
Add a built in light sensing, button-type LED night light, and make it on a replaceable panel that can be snapped in when it burns out.  I could see myself buying that for a kitchen and bathroom.  I could replace the night jights with a Dottie Plus.
An even better addition would be a pass through so it doesn't block the outlet in use.
A night light or other device (shaver charger) could then be plugged into it. ;)

mike27oct

« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2017, 01:36:13 pm »
Yes, although if we are trying to keep Dottie from getting larger than it already is, the pass-through plug could make it larger.  For now, a three-way socket plugged into top plug where Dottie and night light could co-exist might do the job.

mike27oct

« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2017, 04:36:12 pm »
Yep, that's a nice compact size add-on socket.  Too bad it is not also a surge suppressor.  I'll get some at HD next visit.

iolinux333

« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2017, 07:20:43 pm »
OP is not spamming. My goodness. What a grouch some of you are. Go look up the definition of spam.

Anyway. I like it. I will probably order one for the bathroom at some point.

malliekm

« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2017, 09:57:14 pm »
You're making this harder than it needs to be Mike.  All you need are SnapPower Guidelights to free up outlets AND have a nightlight.  I thought you bought some.  They're available on Amazon and eBay.  They even have a model that includes a USB port.  Just unscrew the existing plate and snap in the SnapPower and tighten the screw.
https://www.snappower.com/

mike27oct

« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2017, 11:08:04 pm »
No Monica, I did not buy any, partly because I need more night light than they give off because of my poor vision.  Only one gimpy eye has enough vision for me to still get around and squint at computer screen. I haven't been able to drive for over 7 years or more.

mike27oct

« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2017, 07:27:34 pm »
OK, I bought a white Dottie, it came today; I put a white Dot in, and it's in our master bath, top socket of wall plug.  Easy setup; it has a snapped in PS w/short power cable.  It all fits in place in outlet, including the night light with aid of a three-socket wall tap in bottom of wall plug.  hopefully, the PS and power cable are quality ones that will last.

Thanks again to OP for alerting us to this handy new gadget.  Next time I am at our nearby Amazon Store I will recommend to the manager they stock some in their store.

malliekm

« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2017, 12:03:07 am »

I'm glad you like it!  Maybe some of the other guys will buy one now that a "guy" has given his approval  ;)  I really appreciate the better performance/quality with it in this location.  Sounds better and hears better, don't have to find a place to sit it and of course NO cable!  So far I've not detected one disadvantage to the This Dottie.

mike27oct

« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2017, 01:22:10 am »
Yep, very handy to have a Dot (safely) in the bathroom.  My wife liked the surprise I had for her today, since she listens to radio while she gets ready in morning.  We may be able to retire the old battery radio in there.

I will enjoy it there, too.  I am also looking forward to telling Alexa to turn out the last smart plug at night from the bathroom, instead of from rooms away and then not having to walk to master bathroom thru a darkened hallway anymore. I also have an extra Dot P/S and cable now , too.

Next guy who should buy one is Renegade.  He will like it!

« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2017, 07:37:53 am »
Almost all of my outlets in my house are conveniently located behind furniture to HIDE them... the only ones that are not are loaded with plugs for appliances in Bathroom and kitchen... I have only one that doesn't fall under this description, and it's located in a place NOBODY is ever near... I looked around last night to see if there was any useful locations... but nothing really works at our house... Cool gadget, just doesn't fit everyone.
2 Echo Dots 2nd gen
2 echo dots gen 3 (no clock) -2 Echo Dot 3rd gen with Clock
1 echo dot Gen 4 with clock
1 Echo Spot
4 10" Fire Tablets
1 15' Echo show
23 Hue Lights 1 Hue bridge - 1 Amazon Smart plug outlet
One Ring Doorbell Pro
4 cell phones with Alexa app installed!
You should see My Apple Device List!