Echo & Alexa Forums

New Premium Mount for the Echo Dot is available!!!!

bgunther

New Premium Mount for the Echo Dot is available!!!!
« on: August 31, 2017, 09:07:22 am »
My wife is the co-founder of a company which developed a brand new accessory for the Amazon Echo Dot has arrived on Amazon.com...And it is awesome. It is an outlet mount specifically designed for your Amazon Echo Dot enabling you to mount your Dot in any room in your home or office. It makes it possible to mount a Dot anywhere you have an electrical outlet; No tools required, no drilling, no wall damage, and most importantly no furniture necessary!
Take a look and judge for yourself! It is generating a lot of orders!

https://www.amazon.com/This-Dottie-Outlet-Mount-Generation/dp/B074P3GKV3/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1504184680&sr=8-4&keywords=echo+dottie
« Last Edit: August 31, 2017, 10:29:44 pm by bgunther »

Re: New Premium Mount for the Echo Dot is available!!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2017, 10:22:13 am »
how many different forums did you post this spam on?  I already ran across several.   

bgunther

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2017, 10:42:24 am »
I don’t see how this qualifies as spam, I am sharing news about product that my family worked hard on. This mount solves a problem that many have, including myself. It is posted across multiple forums so I can make more people aware about its existence and I am looking for potential questions or feedback from people that are passionate about echo dot. I am sure most every Dot owner is annoyed by the limitations on where and how to place their Dot in a room. My apologies if it bothers you but I am sure that there are MANY people who will get value from this post. :)

THIS Dottie:  https://www.amazon.com/This-Dottie-Outlet-Mount-Generation/dp/B074P3GKV3/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1504184680&sr=8-4&keywords=echo+dottie

« Last Edit: August 31, 2017, 09:58:10 pm by bgunther »

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2017, 02:55:58 pm »
when you go to websites and join specifically to advertise a product whose sales benefits you and your family, it is considered spam.   

malliekm

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2017, 05:28:10 pm »
Spam or not, I like the idea :)  I can take it out on the patio without the need for an extension cord to reach to the pic-a-nic table :) 

bgunther, I see in the Amazon photos that most of the applications are covering up both outlets.  If you position the Dottie higher (or lower) to leave one outlet open, does it make the Dottie/Dot less stable?  Does it tend to lean forward due to the weight distribution?  At first I  thought there must be an extra set of prongs for stability but then saw pictures of it where one outlet was uncovered (like below).

And what does this mean?  "Unique outlet mounting allows for enhanced room coverage".  How does it allow for an enhanced room coverage?

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2017, 06:33:58 pm »
actually there would not be any enhanced room coverage, imo, that is a scam.   for better bluetooth and wifi coverage, it must be higher than floor level, at least table top level   imo, there will be a lot more repeating of commands if you use that adapter in most wall outlets. 

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2017, 07:01:33 pm »
It'd be good in a small kitchen... I don't think it's great for anything else... I don't recommend one in the bathroom... but each to their own...
2 Echo Dots 2nd gen
2 echo dots gen 3 (no clock) -2 Echo Dot 3rd gen with Clock
1 echo dot Gen 4 with clock
1 Echo Spot
4 10" Fire Tablets
1 15' Echo show
23 Hue Lights 1 Hue bridge - 1 Amazon Smart plug outlet
One Ring Doorbell Pro
4 cell phones with Alexa app installed!
You should see My Apple Device List!

bgunther

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2017, 09:45:04 pm »
Malliekm,

You can utilize one receptacle and keep the other free or use one and cover the other receptacle for a VERY clean and smooth look.  Also, it can be hung upside down (which I prefer when counter height or higher) because it looks really cool.  It is very stable in an outlet. Our center of gravity ensures the weight pushes directly down not forward or backward.

I have 6 in the house and it works wonderfully in master bath, kitchen and garage as well as living room and bedrooms.  Alleviating the need for an end table and messy cord is wonderful.

Bluetooth and wifi are typically not affected by any angle of positioning in most any home with a typical router. Audio and microphone observations will be posted to our website soon.  We could easily back off the claim of enhanced performance, but it has been our staff experience and we will be pushing material to our website (www.nothinglikethis.io) in the near future to substantiate the claims.

We have put many Dotties out to friends and family in a early study and believe our claims have been validated.  In the meantime, find a way to hang one of your dots along open wall about outlet high and try for yourself until we can successfully put information on our site to prove what our own experiences have shown us. Try something like this:

I think you will find the experience very much to your liking!

I posted here because I have felt that this kind of clean, professional looking mount has been missing as an accessory and hope you agree.  Pictures on the nothinglikethis.io website show it around some of our homes.

Hope this helps and you find yourself buying a Dottie soon!  My wife loves a bubble bath with either classical music or Audible books being read to her.

Will write again when the website has the tests I promised.

Sincerely,
Bill
« Last Edit: August 31, 2017, 09:58:40 pm by bgunther »

« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2017, 01:12:46 am »
of course you are going to say it works great and no problems.  you are going to profit off of sales. 

malliekm

« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2017, 03:01:36 pm »
It's ok bgunther.  You're not the first to develop an Alexa product or app and post it in this forum.  And I suppose the mods and owner of the forum don't take issue with it either as your posts are still here :)  I'm just semi-techy and these other guys surely know much more than I do about all things wifi and BT but I'm willing to take a chance, knowing I can return it to Amazon if the product doesn't work as promised.  Placing my order now!

malliekm

« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2017, 03:09:03 pm »
Ordered.  And I got it for under $5 using my reward points :)  I'll let you guys know how it works.  Not in stock till Sept 5.

bgunther

« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2017, 06:17:05 pm »
Good for you!  I know you will find it pretty darn convenient and of excellent quality!  Do get a hold of me if you have ANY issue whatsoever.  Be sure to put a comment with a photo on the product listing!  I just know you are going to love it!  She sold some locally here in Florida and already have some comments going up from people who recently received them and are waiting to buy more for other rooms. Amazon has them in stock and I believe they start shipping on Tuesday!  Never intended to self promote, but just proud of her because she and her partner identified a problem, solved it decisively, and shared it with everyone.  I just hope I am not the next 'problem' she decides to address. :) Let us all know how things work out!

malliekm

« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2017, 07:16:37 pm »
bgunther, I have my Dottie and I love it! :)  I'm using it in my bathroom.  I had my Dot on the back of the toilet and with the lid up most of the time, it caused a sound barrier and believe it or not, made a difference in Alexa hearing me and me hearing her.  Now she's loud and clear and has heard everything I've said.  It's not an issue when I'm in the bathroom but this is an ensuite and I'm often in my bedroom when I want to talk to her (there is a Google Home in the bedroom). 
Here is a link to the thread I started today, with a link to a picture.   Thanks!
ETA...figured out I could embed a photo from Google Photos

« Last Edit: September 08, 2017, 11:32:07 pm by malliekm »

bgunther

« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2017, 09:54:40 pm »
So happy you like it!  It is getting terrific reviews.  Thank you for the kind words!!!

mike27oct

« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2017, 02:36:42 am »
I'll begin by scolding Renegade for being rude and giving the OP a hard time for posting this info.  I think that response was uncalled for.  This post is in no way spam, as the guy went directly to the appropriate consumer to inform them about an accessory for a product they have and like, and it was a very appropriate action.  Renegade, you really need to chill out and resist reactions like this.

I'll admit I had passed on even looking at this post until now; a week after it was posted.  Like most of these Dot products. I am not interested, because 1) I really don't want to put more money into a Dot than I have already, 2) we have no shortage of places to put our 4 Dots, Echo, and Google Homes on top of, and 3) Dots have such poor quality sound we really don't want to listen to music on them for any appreciable time, 

That said, the Dottie looks well designed, handy and compact, and is best suited, I think, for using in kitchens and bathrooms; places where you want the Dots above floor outlets but not on counters.

I took a look in our master bath and kitchen and saw that most outlets are already claimed by other gadgets.  One item in particular is night lights w/sensors, and so here is an idea for the Dottie Plus:
Add a built in light sensing, button-type LED night light, and make it on a replaceable panel that can be snapped in when it burns out.  I could see myself buying that for a kitchen and bathroom.  I could replace the night jights with a Dottie Plus.