Echo & Alexa Forums

Alexa ghost?

asianrocker

Alexa ghost?
« on: August 28, 2017, 08:09:16 pm »
Okay. I am watching TV, then suddenly Alexa lit up like I woke her up. Usually happens when there's alexa commercials on tv. But this time, no way. Then, Alexa said - Capital UK on tunein. Then played that station?! Whaaattt.

I even look at my history and it indeed has  Capital UK in there. What the hell. Please tell me I am not the only one that has this experience?

I even googled what  Capital UK station is.. Ugh.

Laurel

Re: Alexa ghost?
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2017, 11:51:07 am »
Happens occasionally here too.  Doesn't have to be the word "Alexa" to trigger her at times and she will say some non related comment.  Part of her charm lol.

malliekm

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2017, 01:57:16 pm »
I figure she gets bored if no one is talking to her so she strikes up a convo with herself ;)

StevenR

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2017, 02:18:34 pm »
Have you tried playing the recording in the history to see what Alexa actually heard? This may give you an idea of what may have triggered it.

asianrocker

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2017, 03:11:48 pm »
Okay nice to know I am not the only one. It happened before but she just wakes up without me waking her up. Also these past few days up to now, it takes her awhile to respond like she is lagging.

Maybe coz I am downloading something.   :-\

asianrocker

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2017, 03:16:00 pm »
Have you tried playing the recording in the history to see what Alexa actually heard? This may give you an idea of what may have triggered it.

Good idea. I actually just replayed it and I heard the show I was watching when it happened.. BUT... in the card, it said - Alexa heard 'play capital'...

cue twilight zone music.

LOL. Oh. And my tv show background don't have those words. What it said in the tv background twice was - just kidding, just kidding. I mean..
« Last Edit: August 29, 2017, 03:18:45 pm by asianrocker »