Echo & Alexa Forums

Google Home and Bluetooth

malliekm

Google Home and Bluetooth
« on: August 19, 2017, 02:00:26 am »
I don't know how long this has been an available feature, but I just saw the BT option in GH devices.  I can BT music on my cell phone to GH.

Re: Google Home and Bluetooth
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2017, 05:18:18 am »
I think it is something that was recent.  I read about it this past week. 

mike27oct

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2017, 12:43:29 pm »
Not working for mine yet; neither is calling but it says it is coming soon.  Maybe BT and calling feature arrived to you at same time.

mike27oct

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2017, 02:27:51 pm »
OK, BT issue solved, and this solution may help others. 

Go into the Google Home app on tablet or phone go into Devices and tap on the the 3-dot menu for the GH you want to configure for BT, go into Settings.  Since none are configured, tap on paired BT devices then tap enable bluetooth.  Have music playing on mobile device and turn on BT and select the GH device.  Done; the sound should be coming from GH.  I did same for my second GH.  Done.  You can enable the GH BT with all your mobile devices.  I even set up my cell phone, too.  Very handy if listened to Tunein app on phone  and I want to hear it on GH (or even Alexa device).  All very cool.

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2017, 09:44:34 pm »
Not working for mine yet; neither is calling but it says it is coming soon.  Maybe BT and calling feature arrived to you at same time.

the following is the article I saw...

https://www.theverge.com/circuitbreaker/2017/8/19/16167886/google-home-bluetooth-audio-streaming-active

Offline jwlv

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2017, 12:13:06 am »
It is surprising that Google pushed the Google Home out the door so quickly that one of the main features was finally added four months after its release.

mike27oct

« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2017, 01:38:11 am »
Yea, not impressed with Google deployment of the Home features.  Kind of a joke the way they handled it.  The article mentioned complaints regarding the BT signal delay -- hey folks that's the way all BT works because it is a derived second-signal.  Echo has same issue.  BT signal delay really freaks out people sending their TV audio to a BT speaker and sound is not in sync with the video.  Solution: just don't use BT for this purpose!