Echo & Alexa Forums

stuff

Offline jwlv

stuff
« on: August 14, 2017, 08:05:31 am »
Renegade600, your message has been deleted since you stated that you are no longer looking for an email app.  Where your message should be is no longer an issue.

I suggest that you do not irk the moderators for such a trivial issue.

malliekm

Re: stuff
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2017, 03:14:09 pm »
OK, I'm honestly not looking for an argument, just clarity.  I didn't see the post in question, but, why would someone's message be deleted because the issue or question was resolved?  I've never known that to be the case with other resolved cases.   

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2017, 04:57:08 pm »
the moderators are supposed to be there to support the members of this forum and to answer questions.  If being asked questions irks them, then they should NOT be a moderator.   I had a valid question about the thread and why it was moved and then why it was deleted. 

It was still a discussion thread where others could have made comments about what they use and if there were issues with what I was looking it.  It should be treated like any other post.

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2017, 05:20:04 pm »
I think irk was the wrong word choice.
I certainly wasn't irritated or annoyed.
The forum has the ability to private message users including moderators.
Multi posting the same question/post is considered spam on many forums and I will delete spam!
Being a long time member will save some from being banned as well.

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2017, 05:28:57 pm »
I think irk was the wrong word choice.
I certainly wasn't irritated or annoyed.
The forum has the ability to private message users including moderators.
Multi posting the same question/post is considered spam on many forums and I will delete spam!
Being a long time member will save some from being banned as well.

so how was it a multi post and how was it spam when I only had one thread about it at the time it was moved and deleted????     IT WAS NEVER A DUPLICATE THREAD!!!!   It was NEVER POSTED in another forum!!! 
« Last Edit: August 14, 2017, 05:31:36 pm by renegade600 »

Offline jwlv

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2017, 06:33:14 pm »
Your original message was posted in the main Echo discussion forum. Your message asked for suggestions on an email app that works on Windows and Linux. You made no mention of an Alexa skill. You are a technical guy and you know the difference between an Alexa skill and an app. For that reason your original message was moved here to this sub-forum where you can talk about whatever you want, including email apps. Over the next two days you began to report about a dozen messages from other people stating that those messages did not belong where they were posted. You reported messages asking about Prime Music on the Echo or WiFi issues among others. Shortly after that, you modified your original message to include having Alexa read the email.

Perhaps moving your original message here was an error. You were not clear that you're looking for an Alexa skill. You specifically asked for a recommendation on an app that works with Windows and Linux.

You became irksome after making a dozen reports on other users. I deleted your message so that we can just move on instead of still arguing about why your message was moved in the first place. After all, you stated that you already found the email app that you needed. Therefore, no message = no moved message = nothing to talk about. The end.

I would like to ask you to refrain from making demands on how to run this forum, what should happen here, and what shouldn't happen here. I don't think it's your place to be making such demands.

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2017, 07:31:56 pm »

so how was it a multi post and how was it spam when I only had one thread about it at the time it was moved and deleted????     IT WAS NEVER A DUPLICATE THREAD!!!!   It was NEVER POSTED in another forum!!!
The moved post was not spam however this post (http://www.echotalk.org/index.php/topic,2408.0.html) is!
Why? You asked this question in the moved thread and I deleted a duplicate of it which you reposted.
You threatening to continue to post this question is also threat to spam the board although I'm sure you don't see it as such.

« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2017, 05:43:50 pm »
Your original message was posted in the main Echo discussion forum. Your message asked for suggestions on an email app that works on Windows and Linux. You made no mention of an Alexa skill. You are a technical guy and you know the difference between an Alexa skill and an app. For that reason your original message was moved here to this sub-forum where you can talk about whatever you want, including email apps. Over the next two days you began to report about a dozen messages from other people stating that those messages did not belong where they were posted. You reported messages asking about Prime Music on the Echo or WiFi issues among others. Shortly after that, you modified your original message to include having Alexa read the email.

Perhaps moving your original message here was an error. You were not clear that you're looking for an Alexa skill. You specifically asked for a recommendation on an app that works with Windows and Linux.

You became irksome after making a dozen reports on other users. I deleted your message so that we can just move on instead of still arguing about why your message was moved in the first place. After all, you stated that you already found the email app that you needed. Therefore, no message = no moved message = nothing to talk about. The end.

I would like to ask you to refrain from making demands on how to run this forum, what should happen here, and what shouldn't happen here. I don't think it's your place to be making such demands.

duh - it was posted in the echo discussion forum.  should not have to mention it in my post.  it should have been obvious.   You are right, maybe I should have been clearer for those who are not that familiar with how forums work.   If you did not understand the post, ever consider asking for clarification

« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2017, 05:46:08 pm »

The moved post was not spam however this post (http://www.echotalk.org/index.php/topic,2408.0.html) is!
Why? You asked this question in the moved thread and I deleted a duplicate of it which you reposted.
You threatening to continue to post this question is also threat to spam the board although I'm sure you don't see it as such.

clutching at straws are we????   It it was spam, why was it not deleted to begin with?   you said you deleted spam.    Instead you deleted the post that was not spam, 
« Last Edit: August 16, 2017, 05:48:21 pm by renegade600 »

mike27oct

« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2017, 06:30:19 pm »
At the risk of pissing anyone off, I request that this thread be closed for addl. comments, and everyone COOL it!  It's just not worth it.  I'd like to think we are all friends here, and everyone is trying to be helpful.

« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2017, 05:00:49 am »
At the risk of pissing anyone off, I request that this thread be closed for addl. comments, and everyone COOL it!  It's just not worth it.  I'd like to think we are all friends here, and everyone is trying to be helpful.

not making me mad  I am done with this thread.  I have rules when responding to certain types of threads and I have reached my maximum postings in this one  :-)