Echo & Alexa Forums

Anker version of dot

MacNee

Anker version of dot
« on: August 09, 2017, 05:35:21 pm »
https://www.theverge.com/circuitbreaker

Will need to wait until released to see if any good.

mike27oct

Re: Anker version of dot
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2017, 06:23:08 pm »
I like Anker.  I have several of their multi port chargers, etc.  But I do not like them that much to buy an imitation Dot when the real McCoy can be bought for $35 on sale.  I'll pass on this.

I also predict that this fall there will be new models of Echo, Dot and even Taps since they are all overdue for a face lift in light of the G Home success.  So, wait and see if this comes true before buying much of anything until then.  All the Alexa devices have been deeply discounted lately which is a clear sign inventory clearance of the current stuff is taking place to make room for newer ones.

Offline jwlv

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2017, 06:25:24 pm »
https://www.theverge.com/circuitbreaker

Will need to wait until released to see if any good.

No Bluetooth? Forget it! Besides, Echo Dot goes on sale every now and then for $35.

MacNee

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2017, 06:32:16 pm »
We are stuck at £50 this side of the pond from what I've seen. Missed the lack of Bluetooth, I can appreciate that it's its own 'Hi quality speaker ' but you're right at it being an issue. I'm happy with my dot & anker speaker.

Will see if Autumn brings a refresh to the range

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2017, 02:44:51 pm »
two microphones and no bluetooth, not worth it.

mike27oct

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2017, 05:22:00 pm »
Agree.  Basically anyone with a Dot or other Amazon device would truly find this knockpff thing sorely lacking in the many ways mentioned.  Why was it even created?

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2017, 04:44:48 am »
the article I read said when the bt version becomes available, it will be 40 bucks.  who are they kidding.

mike27oct

« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2017, 02:35:15 pm »
Until this, I used to think Anker was a pretty sharp company.

coyote

« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2017, 08:01:38 pm »
I like it. I need not buy one to like the idea of these gadgets falling in price.... as it happens I already have as many Dots as I need, but if I needed more I'd certainly try one and see how good it is.