Echo & Alexa User Discussions and Support Forums

When a person is not breathing, permanent brain damage begins after 4 minutes and death in 6 minutes after that. Can you count on help arriving before that time? Learning proper CPR techniques is easy and you can learn it in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.

Anker version of dot

Anker version of dot
« on: August 09, 2017, 05:35:21 pm »
https://www.theverge.com/circuitbreaker

Will need to wait until released to see if any good.

Re: Anker version of dot
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2017, 06:23:08 pm »
I like Anker.  I have several of their multi port chargers, etc.  But I do not like them that much to buy an imitation Dot when the real McCoy can be bought for $35 on sale.  I'll pass on this.

I also predict that this fall there will be new models of Echo, Dot and even Taps since they are all overdue for a face lift in light of the G Home success.  So, wait and see if this comes true before buying much of anything until then.  All the Alexa devices have been deeply discounted lately which is a clear sign inventory clearance of the current stuff is taking place to make room for newer ones.

Offline jwlv

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2017, 06:25:24 pm »
https://www.theverge.com/circuitbreaker

Will need to wait until released to see if any good.

No Bluetooth? Forget it! Besides, Echo Dot goes on sale every now and then for $35.

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2017, 06:32:16 pm »
We are stuck at 50 this side of the pond from what I've seen. Missed the lack of Bluetooth, I can appreciate that it's its own 'Hi quality speaker ' but you're right at it being an issue. I'm happy with my dot & anker speaker.

Will see if Autumn brings a refresh to the range

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2017, 02:44:51 pm »
two microphones and no bluetooth, not worth it.

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2017, 05:22:00 pm »
Agree.  Basically anyone with a Dot or other Amazon device would truly find this knockpff thing sorely lacking in the many ways mentioned.  Why was it even created?

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2017, 04:44:48 am »
the article I read said when the bt version becomes available, it will be 40 bucks.  who are they kidding.

« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2017, 02:35:15 pm »
Until this, I used to think Anker was a pretty sharp company.

Offline coyote

« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2017, 08:01:38 pm »
I like it. I need not buy one to like the idea of these gadgets falling in price.... as it happens I already have as many Dots as I need, but if I needed more I'd certainly try one and see how good it is.