Echo & Alexa Forums

alexa slow to respond to a command

mrkato

alexa slow to respond to a command
« on: August 02, 2017, 09:39:02 pm »
Sometimes our Echo or Dot is very slow to respond to a command. Simple commands like turn on a light

malliekm

Re: alexa slow to respond to a command
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2017, 06:56:58 pm »
It might be a wifi thing.  I am experiencing the same thing right now.  I have both Alexa and Google Home and they are both being slower than normal.  I'm going to unplug my wifi for 5 minutes to see if that helps clear  things.

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2017, 07:38:29 pm »
it actually been a bit slower lately for alexa to respond.  maybe they have server issues. 

just to note, some speed issues could be the distance alexa is from the router, could be traffic on your modem/router, could be interference from other wireless devices and more.   It is usually hard to pinpoint a speed issue when commands are involved.   one of the first things to do is a power cycle on your router, modem, and alex.

froghos

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2020, 03:26:08 pm »
For anyone who runs into this issue, while not stated here my fix was to unplug the Echo for 30 seconds and plug it back in.  This took care of it.  I also read on the developers forum that someone with an echo and a dot purchased a smartplug for each device and programmed them to turn off and back on a minute later at 3:00 AM. This prevented any further issues.  Hope this helps someone.