Echo & Alexa Forums

GH Weirdness

malliekm

GH Weirdness
« on: July 29, 2017, 01:28:55 pm »
I asked GH to tell us a joke.  She did and as usual it wasn't very funny.  I said to my husband, "Alexa is funnier than Google".  About 3 seconds later, GH said, "I didn't realize that"  ???  Next I asked the time.  She was an hour off!  I asked Alexa and she gave the correct time.  Asked GH again and the time give was right.  I think she's trying to act more humanoid  ;)  But seriously, for her to respond to me saying Alexa is funnier (without using the wake word) is a little spooky.  I couldn't replicate it with or without the wake word.

malliekm

Re: GH Weirdness
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2017, 12:54:54 am »
More wrong answers.  This evening she told me the weather for a town in Idaho or Iowa and when I asked my current location, it was a town in MN.   A few more questions (what's my address and what's the current temp in xxx xxx, Tx put her back on track.  She's having a bad day :(  Anyone else having these kinds of issues with GH?

mike27oct

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2017, 01:44:53 am »
I avoid asking these robots questions other than time and temp,
and that eliminates a lot of problems.  I just make the little suckers play music and TuneIn..

Here's one for ya Monica, ask GH to play the Battle of New Orleans google play music station.

malliekm

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2017, 02:14:02 am »
Well you should branch out a little more Mike.  GH a wealth of knowledge.   The longer I have these AIs, the easier it becomes to automatically use them for a wide array of questions.  Of course GH can answer more than Alexa and if I want to know more, I can use my phone or computer to follow up.  And my second question was a time question.  She was an hour late but fixed it the next time.  And one of my questions was about the weather.  So they get time and temp wrong too! 

Listening to Battle of NO.  Why?  I've been going down memory lane with Glenn Campbell.  I like how when you has GH to play one song, it continues with songs of the same type/genre.  Mostly I like the additional songs.  After Battle of NO, now playing 16 Tons by Tennessee Ernie Ford :)  Now playing Big John.  My husband would love this!