Echo & Alexa Forums

Alexa unable to play TuneIn station

cabissi

Alexa unable to play TuneIn station
« on: July 28, 2017, 07:22:16 am »
This morning when I tell Alexa to play my usual station by call letters on tunein it responds that it is unable to play it or that something went wrong.  It has worked with this exact method for months. Can anyone point me to a reason or solution?

Re: Alexa unable to play TuneIn station
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2017, 08:33:37 am »
I occasionally have had this issue and it is usually that I've not clearly stated the letters or said them to quickly.
In my case Alexa hears B instead of D if I slowly speak the letters she hears the call sign correctly.
Voice training most likely will improve things like this. ;)

StevenR

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2017, 11:16:05 am »
For a time today there was a banner in the Alexa app saying that TuneIn was unavailable. This appears to have actually been on the TuneIn side as searching Google indicates there has also been a problem browsing TuneIn stations from Sonos. The banner isn't showing now, and TuneIn is working OK for me currently, so this appears to have been resolved.

asianrocker

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2017, 09:44:59 am »
I never listen on radio since the 80s. LOL. But my echo made me listen to it again. I am loving tunein so much. It is basically a free sirius satellite radio for me. What else do I listen to? 80s stations. Most of the time. I just use the alexa app to change my 80s stations now. It helps that I also see what's currently playing.

I like it so much I have the tunein 80s stations bookmarked on my phone.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2017, 09:48:12 am by asianrocker »