Echo & Alexa Forums

Snooze command not working

Rjmas3

Snooze command not working
« on: July 25, 2017, 10:46:13 pm »
When my alarm goes off, I tell Alexa to snooze. The dot pauses for the command but then continues the alarm. I finally tell Alexa to stop and the alarm stops. However, I learn that the alarm is deleted. If I simply tell Alexa to stop, without attempting to snooze first, there is a pause then the alarm stops. And the alarm is still present in the settings. Was there a recent update that screwed things up?

Thanks in advance for any help.

tx50

Re: Snooze command not working
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2017, 11:10:20 am »
For what it is worth, I just tested this and it worked fine on my Echo.  Not sure what might be going on.  Sorry.

malliekm

Re: Snooze command not working
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2017, 03:01:17 pm »
I've never used the snooze option but just tried it.  It worked.  She said "ok, snoozing" but I have no idea for  how long.  I'm sure that's in the settings.  I'm having a blast with Alexa today.  She has multiple cooking timers going and one for the sprinkler system.  She's done a few measuring calculations today and read my text messages and emails while I was too busy in the kitchen.  I could kiss her!  :-*  Oh, I asked about an Amazon delivery.  She told me it will arrive tomorrow and asked if I'd like to be notified when it's out for delivery :) 

Rjmas, maybe you could try the unplugging of Alexa for 5 minutes to see if that clears things up. 
Snooze alarm just went off..."wake up sunshine..." <g>