Echo & Alexa Forums

BBC Radio Two Problems

Mickh101

BBC Radio Two Problems
« on: July 24, 2017, 04:13:03 pm »
Is anyone else having problems with BBC Radio Two recently using Tunein? I've almost given up trying to listen to it now as it's got so bad. It always used to come and go a little, but now it just goes every few minutes and doesn't come back. I don't have this problem with iHeart or Pandora, just the BBC with Tunein. Also if I play Radio Two using the Iplayer Radio App on my phone it works fine. Any ideas anyone?

strayfish

Re: BBC Radio Two Problems
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2017, 06:23:19 pm »
I don't play 2 but I do play 4, 5, and 6 via Tunein and there's been a bit of coming and going the last few days. I just stop it and start it (or just request the station again without stopping it first) and it's usually back up again. I'm never sure what the cause is as sometimes it affects one device (Echo or Dot) and not another (Dot or Echo). When it's happened before, it seemed to be related to the feed from the BBC to Tunein, but sometimes it's the router. Not much help I'm afraid :)

AlanH

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2017, 06:58:39 am »
My BBC Radio 2 stream via TuneIn is very intermittent today and had a similar problem last week.

Mickh101

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2017, 01:21:09 pm »
What seems really weird is that it always seems to go off immediately prior to the news starting. I've been looking to try and find someone at the BBC to contact - but had no luck so far.

AlanH

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2017, 01:25:27 pm »
The stream was very flaky today - had to keep restarting. This link might be a start:
https://ssl.bbc.co.uk/faqs/forms/?eid=&id=1501003424KQ0s5Y71uXSbDfY4t3fsk6&mid=&uid=888582015