Echo & Alexa Forums

Disable curse word beeps?

Hexspectre

Disable curse word beeps?
« on: July 24, 2017, 02:37:14 pm »
Is there a way to disable the curse word beeps?

mike27oct

Re: Disable curse word beeps?
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2017, 03:14:14 pm »
Yes, just don't use them in front of Alexa or children!

Good grief, what a question.  Fortunately, this seems to be a built in feature we cannot disable.  Many of us need constant reminders to clean up our speech.  Appreciate that Alexa is helping you in this way, too.

jim1590

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2017, 03:23:56 pm »
As my wife and I (and our kids) do not curse, I wonder what I am missing with this question.

Does Alexa have a dirty mouth?

Hexspectre

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2017, 05:30:55 pm »

Good grief, what a question.  Fortunately, this seems to be a built in feature we cannot disable.  Many of us need constant reminders to clean up our speech.  Appreciate that Alexa is helping you in this way, too.

So I ask a technical question and get judgement in return. My question is a valid one and is not deserving of your childish response. There is a valid reason for my question. When song titles contain curse words, they get censored and I'd prefer to hear the word instead of the beep. So perhaps the next time you don't know the answer to the question, you should just stay silent.

mike27oct

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2017, 05:51:47 pm »
Maybe the default setting is to bleep music containing expletives.  Check your settings of app.  Better yet, call Amazon Echo support.

asianrocker

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2017, 05:57:07 pm »
Is there a way to disable the curse word beeps?

Hit up this kid:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2wbP3R-Ntg

I was LMAO-ing first time I saw it. I have been wanting to share this video here but don't know how to insert it. Thanks to you now I did! He is open to share his 'idea' based on his reply.

Offline jwlv

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2017, 07:48:47 pm »
That's pretty funny. It looks like he created a private skill called "google" and that's the response his skill gives when the skill is activated.

Offline jwlv

« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2017, 07:52:29 pm »
If the curse word is in a music stream, I would guess that it's bleeped out at the source, and not by Amazon Echo.

If you have the time, please experiment and let us know what you find out. For example, you could upload an mp3 song that contains curse words and play it back from your music library. See if it's bleeped out.

malliekm

« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2017, 08:15:21 pm »

mike27oct

« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2017, 08:43:27 pm »
Really, is right!  Who really cares!

Monica, you are REALLY having fun with your new-found pictures!

joshsimpson79

« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2017, 11:53:53 am »

So I ask a technical question and get judgement in return. My question is a valid one and is not deserving of your childish response. There is a valid reason for my question. When song titles contain curse words, they get censored and I'd prefer to hear the word instead of the beep. So perhaps the next time you don't know the answer to the question, you should just stay silent.

I try not to swear, and our family doesn't, but I still think there should be an option to turn it off or on.  Maybe there is, but I haven't looked.  I don't have a lot of music with swearing, but it funny when the Echo bleeps music, but if I have her reading a kindle book, she says it all.

malliekm

« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2017, 01:22:13 pm »

I really care, but my bad because I'm the on the clicked on the link.
None of my music has curse words because I had no idea Alexa would/could
bleep out those words.

strayfish

« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2018, 04:49:01 am »
That's vile, unhelpful, uncalled for and also very very late to the thread. You created an account just to do this? Really, have a word with yourself.

Laurel

« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2018, 01:04:44 pm »
That's vile, unhelpful, uncalled for and also very very late to the thread. You created an account just to do this? Really, have a word with yourself.

Well said strayfish.  I composed a few responses to try to come up with something that didn't sink to his level but was unsuccessful.  I just don't get the crassness of some people.

strayfish

« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2018, 01:58:59 pm »
Me neither. Grubby, personalised and pointless nastiness that helps no one. I reported it but I'm wondering if this person has another account that we'd all recognise or if they were just cruising and this particular post hit their troll button.