Echo & Alexa Forums

ring motion alerts

jvk of md

ring motion alerts
« on: July 24, 2019, 12:53:32 pm »
According to the ring description in the skills and games portion of alexa I should be able to say " alexa, set alert snooze duration to 1 hour on backyard" thereby not get alerts during that time.  This does not work at all but just as important would be able to snooze all cameras for "X" amount of time

Has anyone gotten this to work?

DerbyDad03

Re: ring motion alerts
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2019, 03:10:25 pm »
According to the ring description in the skills and games portion of alexa I should be able to say " alexa, set alert snooze duration to 1 hour on backyard" thereby not get alerts during that time.  This does not work at all but just as important would be able to snooze all cameras for "X" amount of time

Has anyone gotten this to work?

I don't have a Ring camera (yet) so I'm just tossing these out as suggestions.

1 - As a troubleshooting step, have you tried using the Snooze feature via the Ring app?  That might help narrow down the issue to the Ring camera/app vs. the Alexa skill.

2 - I saw something on a different forum (can't find it right now) where someone was complaining that some feature didn't work via the device name, only by the device type. i.e. you had to use "Spotlight Cam", not "Backyard". I don't think it was related to the Snooze feature, but I really don't remember. (Sorry, I know that's not a lot of help, but something you might try anyway)

Good luck.

jvk of md

Re: ring motion alerts
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2019, 05:57:58 am »
Thanks but yes it does work in the ring app but it's sort of an actual switch then you select from the pre chosen different time amounts to snooze.  My point is according to the alexa skills description for  "ring" it specifically names that working and the exact words I used.  I'm not sure who writes the skill descriptions but I haven't gotten an answer from ring or alexa forums