Echo & Alexa Forums

Big Sky not linking to Alexa

OneTrak

Big Sky not linking to Alexa
« on: July 21, 2017, 08:20:38 am »
So I've started a Big Sky account and it says I'm logged in, downloaded the Big Sky skill to my Alexa App and enabled it. Every time I try to open the skill it says I need to link to Big Sky...very frustrating!  ???
Any help would be appreciated.
TIA
OneTrak

malliekm

Re: Big Sky not linking to Alexa
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2017, 12:07:25 am »
As a weather junkie, I really enjoy this app!
Did you link the account?

tigz

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2017, 05:13:43 am »
The other day I asked for the weather through this skill and was randomly told "you have 40 weather inquires left".  Is this not free?

malliekm

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2017, 11:30:37 am »
The other day I asked for the weather through this skill and was randomly told "you have 40 weather inquires left".  Is this not free?

I thought it was! :o

strayfish

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2017, 11:35:48 am »
So did I. I've only used it once so far (enabled it yesterday) and it was so detailed I almost got annoyed when the rain was half an hour early! I wonder how many more inquiries before I'm at the '40 left' threshold.

malliekm

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2017, 12:43:36 pm »
I know I've made at least 12 to 15 and haven't had any kind of message telling me how many more inquiries I have left

sarkonovich

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2017, 02:39:57 pm »
Big Sky is free to use, there's no limit. In fact, the other day I changed the message to make that clear. (I'm the developer.)

Sorry for any confusion!

tigz

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2017, 03:48:42 pm »
Big Sky is free to use, there's no limit. In fact, the other day I changed the message to make that clear. (I'm the developer.)

Sorry for any confusion!

Oh thanks! My husband loves how detailed and accurate the forecast/information has been so far!
« Last Edit: July 22, 2017, 05:20:52 pm by tigz »

strayfish

« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2017, 06:26:41 pm »

Sorry for any confusion!

Thank you! Good to see someone's watching :)

malliekm

« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2017, 07:13:01 pm »
I asked Big Sky, Alexa and GH what the temp was at my current (home) location.  I got three different answers.  As a whole, they all three agreed it was too darn hot for me to even think about going outside!  It's 75, shady and breezy inside.  This is where I'll stay until Octoberish!