Echo & Alexa Forums

Setting Defaults

Swynol

Setting Defaults
« on: July 19, 2017, 06:09:29 am »
Wondering if anyone can help.

I have a few Dots around the house and linked them to my Harmony Hub and Smartthings. I live in the UK so only have the Red Harmony Skill.

So normally i would have to say "alexa, ask harmony to turn on the TV"

I've linked my harmony hub to smartthings which imports the activities as devices. I can now say "alexa, turn on the TV"

However because i had 2 devices in Smartthings with TV as the name, one called Watch TV the other Living-Room TV, Alexa would respond there are multiple devices called TV which one do i want, but wouldnt list them....
So I deleted Living-Room TV I then unlinked my Smartthings Skill in the Alexa app and linked it again, re-ran discover and now it only had 1 Device called TV. But Alexa still thinks there's 2 devices called TV, some how she is still seeing Living-Room TV even though it doesnt exist. How can i fix this or is there a way to set a default in Alexa so when i say TV, she knows which one I want.

If i change the TV name to anything else like Watch Sky, i can say "alexa, turn on sky" and it works. however i would prefer it to be TV.