Echo & Alexa Forums

Broadlink RM2+, RM Tasker Plugin, Smartthings and Alexa

chitambira

Broadlink RM2+, RM Tasker Plugin, Smartthings and Alexa
« on: July 17, 2017, 01:30:09 am »
I am looking for someone to point me to where I am getting this wrong!

I have the above RM Tasker Plugin that I am testing with a view to purchase if its working for my needs.
I have an android box where I installed it. The box can see my Broadlink RM2+ device, and I can query the bridge via HTTP on port 9876 successfully.

I have a number of remotes configured in the Broadlink RM2+ via the eControl app.

Now when I click on Code List within the android plugin, it is saying  "You have not configured any remotes in Broadlink app...."

I tried to "force import data from eControl" but that did not work either.

Please help to solve this. It would be easier to populate my codes from eControl than to start learning them one-by-one again.

Also i have Combo buttons in eControl that trigger multiple keystrokes/remote presses, which can be hard if entered via the Plugin interface.

samjbeckett

Re: Broadlink RM2+, RM Tasker Plugin, Smartthings and Alexa
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2017, 11:41:51 am »
Try this video. Follow it to every detail and it works. Worked for me, I had to rewatch a few of the sections based around the broadlink app and the tasker app to get it working fully.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJIhEyMQ0TI&t=739s

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2017, 03:20:54 pm »
I tried the RM tasker lite plugin but couldn't get it to discover my devices in the eControl app after watching the video I spotted where I had gone wrong.
I downloaded the tasker app to test once again.
The App works for me as well though I currently use another method.

gsuemnic

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2017, 08:11:02 am »
Try this video. Follow it to every detail and it works. Worked for me, I had to rewatch a few of the sections based around the broadlink app and the tasker app to get it working fully.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJIhEyMQ0TI&t=739s

Try the IHC app. Scenes don't work, but Alexia groups is a groups work arouns

Offline tthoben

• Greetings from sunny Singapore!
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2017, 12:29:03 pm »
I am looking for someone to point me to where I am getting this wrong!

I have the above RM Tasker Plugin that I am testing with a view to purchase if its working for my needs.
I have an android box where I installed it. The box can see my Broadlink RM2+ device, and I can query the bridge via HTTP on port 9876 successfully.

I have a number of remotes configured in the Broadlink RM2+ via the eControl app.

Now when I click on Code List within the android plugin, it is saying  "You have not configured any remotes in Broadlink app...."

I tried to "force import data from eControl" but that did not work either.

Please help to solve this. It would be easier to populate my codes from eControl than to start learning them one-by-one again.

Also i have Combo buttons in eControl that trigger multiple keystrokes/remote presses, which can be hard if entered via the Plugin interface.

sorry for asking the obvious but your econtrol app and RM Tasker Plugin must be installed on the same device for it to see the codes.

for me, I installed both apps on my phone, then transferred the codes from the phone to the android box (RM Tasker plugin installed on both so you can transfer when both are connected to the same wifi network)
Echo Dot @ SG