Get CPR certified in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.
Echo & Alexa Forums

HELP.......How to connect via a BT HUB

MAUREEN24

HELP.......How to connect via a BT HUB
« on: July 15, 2017, 09:52:48 am »
Hello

We've just got our Echo yesterday and we cannot get it to connect.  We've noticed posts re problems and tips but they don't seem to work.  Can anyone help?......please?

Thanks

Maureen

Re: HELP.......How to connect via a BT HUB
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2017, 10:51:28 am »
Start at "Alexa.amazon.com"... go to devices (in the menu on the left) and scroll to bottom of the page that comes up, and click on "Discover devices" (lower right side usually). Once the device is discovered, you can tell alexa to "pair" with the specific device it has to choose, by the name on the discovered list. It may be as simple as saying "Alexa, Pair to Blue Tooth Hub"... It may require the brand name such as"Alexa, pair to Samsung bluetooth hub"... You'll get used to the specifics as you go, but this should get you started

As an aside, you will also always be able to discover devices by saying "Alexa" discover devices", however, she will only tell you how many devices she discovered, and does not tell you WHAT she discovered, otherwise I would have suggested using that approach. Once you are very familiar with what is already there, you can tell if she adds any new devices or not, by how many she says she discovered after the "20 seconds" goes by while she discovers them.

Also, you can say "Alexa, discover devices" and she will and give you how many she discovered, thn you can go to the devices screen described above and it will show what she discovered as well... Always a million ways to get results with Alexa. Smart Phone, Computer, Tablet, and of course, Alexa devices.
2 Echo Dots 2nd gen
2 echo dots gen 3 (no clock) -2 Echo Dot 3rd gen with Clock
1 echo dot Gen 4 with clock
1 Echo Spot
4 10" Fire Tablets
1 15' Echo show
23 Hue Lights 1 Hue bridge - 1 Amazon Smart plug outlet
One Ring Doorbell Pro
4 cell phones with Alexa app installed!
You should see My Apple Device List!

btidey

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2017, 12:04:35 pm »
I am guessing this is not a bluetooth issue here. I think the poster is referring to a British Telecom Home Hub router to connect to the internet.

I don't use BT myself but this link might be a helpful starting point. Failing that Amazon customer services should be the next port of call.

http://www.techradar.com/how-to/internet/how-to-get-amazon-echo-to-work-with-bt-home-hub-1329602

MAUREEN24

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2017, 11:12:12 am »
Thanks - it just won't connect at all :(

Alpha Bitch

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2017, 03:15:03 pm »
Call tech support - 1-877-375-9365