Echo & Alexa Forums

Using outside the US

Karenlee

Re: Using outside the US
« Reply #90 on: September 18, 2016, 06:29:59 am »
I can confirm that the PUT command rarely comes up now.  I did 3 echoes months ago using this method, so I know they worked, but now I cannot get the PUT anymore.  I have made multiple attempts, but only got it once.  There was no discernible pattern as to why it appeared that once, and I cannot get it to appear again.  This wasn't an issue 6 months ago.

loudnproud

« Reply #91 on: September 23, 2016, 06:57:53 pm »
I thought it showed up mostly after you changed the address, I may be wrong.

deschutz

« Reply #92 on: September 24, 2016, 05:05:01 am »
Hi! I'm from Singapore and am trying to get my echo tagged to my current location.

Timezone ID change works fine! :)

But when i try the second step, i.e. "city":"Singapore","countryCode":"SG","county":"Singapore","district":"Singapore"

I always get a 400 bad request. Singapore's a really small country (more like a city) without any clear definition of City/County/District, it's usually just Singapore. Anyone has a solution for this?

I've tried pretty much many combinations of

"city":"Singapore","countryCode":"SG","county":"Singapore","district":"Singapore"
"city":"Singapore","countryCode":"SG","county":"Singapore","district":null
"city":"Singapore","countryCode":"SG","county":null,"district":null
"city":null,"countryCode":"SG","county":null,"district":null

and still getting 400 bad requests. :(

halphalp anybody? :)

TheFallenAngel

« Reply #93 on: September 24, 2016, 10:20:15 am »
Hi! I'm from Singapore and am trying to get my echo tagged to my current location.

Timezone ID change works fine! :)

But when i try the second step, i.e. "city":"Singapore","countryCode":"SG","county":"Singapore","district":"Singapore"

I always get a 400 bad request. Singapore's a really small country (more like a city) without any clear definition of City/County/District, it's usually just Singapore. Anyone has a solution for this?

I've tried pretty much many combinations of

"city":"Singapore","countryCode":"SG","county":"Singapore","district":"Singapore"
"city":"Singapore","countryCode":"SG","county":"Singapore","district":null
"city":"Singapore","countryCode":"SG","county":null,"district":null
"city":null,"countryCode":"SG","county":null,"district":null

and still getting 400 bad requests. :(

halphalp anybody? :)
Yeah that's a tough one..  What does it as when you ask "Alex what is the weather in Singapore?"

Cheers,
Alex

mtagt56

« Reply #94 on: September 24, 2016, 03:49:41 pm »
Think you need to narrow down which one is giving you 400.

Do it at time get SG in
Also before null I don't think you need : you need "null"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtagt56

« Reply #95 on: September 24, 2016, 03:50:25 pm »
Ignore I'm wrong on null

TheFallenAngel

« Reply #96 on: September 24, 2016, 04:01:06 pm »
Think you need to narrow down which one is giving you 400.

Do it at time get SG in
Also before null I don't think you need : you need "null"

No, null is with no quotes.. But yes do things one by one..

Cheers,
Alex

deschutz

« Reply #97 on: September 25, 2016, 10:36:04 am »
Thanks for the advice - trying again right now and some updates here.

Changing timezone works fine , i.e. change to "Asia/Singapore"

but when i followed the advice to change item by item, i started off changing the Country from US to SG (also tried SGP) but still getting the 400 bad response :(

pellinore

« Reply #98 on: October 05, 2016, 11:56:56 am »
Has anyone been able to change their location lately.  I was able to do it 2 weeks ago, I tried the Request Maker and Curl methods and neither work.  I am able to change my timezone.

edit:
I'm getting this message when I try to change my city.

{"message":"User-entered device address and validated device address are not consistent; address will not be saved"}
« Last Edit: October 05, 2016, 12:37:47 pm by pellinore »

bwbboot

« Reply #99 on: October 10, 2016, 02:49:28 am »
I am getting this message:

{"message":"Could not find a valid address matching the DeviceAddresModel; please make sure all required fields are present and that the address is located in a supported country"}

Are there other methods to update the address?

xbmcnut

« Reply #100 on: October 10, 2016, 04:50:23 am »
Sad to say that after settings up Echoism.io to work in NZ on the 19th September, attempting to configure a V1 Dot today is not working using Request Maker and the Magic Order. Timezone ID is returning 200 so at least that sets but everything else 400.

Looks like Amazon are now doing address verification.

lostprophet

« Reply #101 on: October 10, 2016, 11:02:35 am »
Hi all,

I am kind of new to Amazon Echo, and I have read some of the topics posted here. My question is - would it work (localized) if I purchase it? I am from Romania - Bucharest, and I would like to know if it would work here as well. I do not intend to use the shopping/pizza ordering functions, but more for the local weather, traffic, news/local news sort of things.

Thank you very much for your ideas/opinions.

xbmcnut

« Reply #102 on: October 10, 2016, 02:49:25 pm »
I am from Romania - Bucharest, and I would like to know if it would work here as well.
Based on my experience yesterday, you can now only enter your timezone, that's it. That means that local restaurant/local business searching will not work and for weather, you'd have to ask for the weather in Bucharest, not just "what's the weather today".

Paphle

« Reply #103 on: October 10, 2016, 06:57:21 pm »
Hey guys,

I just found that post and I am impressed how easy this is, especially for the time zone.
However, I got a problem with changing the address (as many others as well). I am currently living in Germany and tried to change my location. So I entered City Berlin, Country Code: Ger and the rest null.
I get the message 200 OK.

However, when I ask Alexa for her location, it still gives me the pre set location. I changed the country code for fun to "ABCD" and still get the 200 OK.

Shouldn't I get a 400 response?

One reason could be that I did not find https://pitangui.amazon.com/API/device-preference/, but only https://pitangui.amazon.com/API/device-preference/90F00xxxxxxxxx.

As mentioned previously, time zone change worked with that URL.

Any idea which mistake I made? I am thankful for any help :)

xbmcnut

« Reply #104 on: October 10, 2016, 07:01:59 pm »
Shouldn't I get a 400 response?
No, you should be getting 200 responses which means OK. 400 is a bad request. As you are getting 200 responses as of today, there is a glimmer of hope that this method may still work. Did you follow the "Magic Order" for entering your data and if not, in what order did you enter everything to get the 200 responses?