mtagt56

Re: Using outside the US
« Reply #45 on: July 31, 2016, 04:13:21 am »
Did you get it sorted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ckng2000

« Reply #46 on: August 07, 2016, 04:15:54 pm »
Hi. Anyone tested this outside USA and uk? I see most of the post comes from uk user. I am from Malaysia and will be getting my echo in a few days. I am hoping that I can change the local time to my country time zone (gmt +8)using this hack method. Any advice from experience user will be great.  :)

mtagt56

« Reply #47 on: August 07, 2016, 04:17:35 pm »
Hi. Anyone tested this outside USA and uk? I see most of the post comes from uk user. I am from Malaysia and will be getting my echo in a few days. I am hoping that I can change the local time to my country time zone (gmt +8)using this hack method. Any advice from experience user will be great.  :)

It will work in what ever country you are from, I did one for somebody in NZ other day!  You just need to get the country code for your country and change that first

grimfoot

« Reply #48 on: August 08, 2016, 11:55:49 pm »
This seems like an amazing trick!
I understand basically how to do everything, only problem is, that there is no PUT request, there is POST, GET and everything else. But PUT never shows up!
I dont get how to edit the data, when I can't click on it or even get to the PUT, anyone know what may be the problem?

mtagt56

« Reply #49 on: August 09, 2016, 11:24:42 am »
This seems like an amazing trick!
I understand basically how to do everything, only problem is, that there is no PUT request, there is POST, GET and everything else. But PUT never shows up!
I dont get how to edit the data, when I can't click on it or even get to the PUT, anyone know what may be the problem?

Hello it still works have you tried changing address again to a different one and then saving checking the put file then?

ckng2000

« Reply #50 on: August 12, 2016, 02:40:29 am »
Thanks! Managed to get it work in 10 mins! Great work for the creator of the mods! Hope in the future can change default location to outside usa too. :)

It will work in what ever country you are from, I did one for somebody in NZ other day!  You just need to get the country code for your country and change that first

mtagt56

« Reply #51 on: August 12, 2016, 02:42:27 am »
How do you mean default location change?

jolerius

« Reply #52 on: August 13, 2016, 07:51:22 pm »
This i gotta try when recieving my Echo. Hopefully it will work in Sweden to 😃

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

celticfan1888

« Reply #53 on: August 14, 2016, 06:01:17 am »
i followed this carefully and setup up for Belgium and the town i live in weather traffic and time all work
excellent

mtagt56

« Reply #54 on: August 14, 2016, 06:30:57 am »
Great glad it worked celticfan!

pc360

« Reply #55 on: August 17, 2016, 12:28:47 pm »
Hi Again,

Ignore my previous psot i sussed it out. 

I have it all working now  using request maker I even got it to change the weather to my local area (my own post code) and its spot on.  I can also now find nearby information such as takeaway, hospitals etc

I noticed in command source that changing country code to GB appears to make it work.

Code for what I have done is below

{"deviceAccountId":"xxxxxxxxx","deviceAddress":"75 Cloverhill Court, Stanley, Durham, DH9","deviceAddressModel":{"city":"Durham","countryCode":"GB","county":"Durham","district":null,"houseNumber":"75","label":"123 W Sample St, South, United Kingdom","postalCode":"DH9 6BU","state":null,"street":"Cloverhill Court"},"deviceSerialNumber":"xxxxxxxxxx","deviceType":"","firstRunCompleted":true,"notificationEarconEnabled":true,"postalCode":"46601","responseStyle":"CONCISE","searchCustomerId":temperatureScale":"CELSIUS","timeZoneId":"Europe/London","voiceCastEnabled":null,"autocastToThisClient":false,"isSaveInFlight":true}

im not able to get this working, taking the above and replacing the device account ID and device serial number - when I run this via Chrome request Maker in the put request I'm getting a 400 bad request error, does anyone have any ideas what might cause that?

mtagt56

« Reply #56 on: August 17, 2016, 02:56:03 pm »
Hi Again,

I have it all working now  using request maker I even got it to change the weather to my local area (my own post code) and its spot on.  I can also now find nearby information such as takeaway, hospitals etc

I noticed in command source that changing country code to GB appears to make it work.

{"deviceAccountId":"xxxxxxxxx","deviceAddress":"75 Cloverhill Court, Stanley, Durham, DH9","deviceAddressModel":{"city":"Durham","countryCode":"GB","county":"Durham","district":null,"houseNumber":"75","label":"123 W Sample St, South, United Kingdom","postalCode":"DH9 6BU","state":null,"street":"Cloverhill Court"},"deviceSerialNumber":"xxxxxxxxxx","deviceType":"","firstRunCompleted":true,"notificationEarconEnabled":true,"postalCode":"46601","responseStyle":"CONCISE","searchCustomerId":temperatureScale":"CELSIUS","timeZoneId":"Europe/London","voiceCastEnabled":null,"autocastToThisClient":false,"isSaveInFlight":true}

im not able to get this working, taking the above and replacing the device account ID and device serial number - when I run this via Chrome request Maker in the put request I'm getting a 400 bad request error, does anyone have any ideas what might cause that?

It def works! You need to do stage a time I start work time zone id Europe/London

Send that through you get 200 today means it has worked! Did you change US to GB?

IT 100% WORKS just do bit at time clicking send each time everytime you should get 200

TheFallenAngel

« Reply #57 on: August 17, 2016, 03:05:08 pm »
I have it all working now  using request maker I even got it to change the weather to my local area (my own post code) and its spot on.  I can also now find nearby information such as takeaway, hospitals etc.

Install request maker in Chrome.
Log onto Alexa on my PC http://alexa.amazon.com/
Go to settings.
Change address to an American address.
Then save.

On the top/right - select the envelope and looked for the XHR PUT pitangui.amazin.com/api/…
Then use request maker to edit raw text as follows:

Important: DO NOT change the label value at any point!

Firstly, set your timeZoneId (e.g.  America/Toronto), leave everything else as is and hit “Send”.

Then, add the following to your request (keep the timeZoneId changed, each step builds on the last):
1. Set the city value to your city/suburb  (e.g. Toronto)
2. Set countryCode (e.g. CA)
3. Set county (e.g. Toronto)
4. Set district (most likely — null)
5. Set houseNumber (e.g. 54)
6. Press “Send” to send those values

Then, once those have been sent, add changes to the following in the same way:
1. Set the first postalCode (e.g. M5K 6G4)
2. Set state (e.g. ON)
3. Set street (e.g. Grand Lake)
4. Press “Send” to send those values
Lastly:

1. Update the second postalCode  (e.g. M5K 6G4)
2. Press “Send” to send that value.

The Label will update itself based on your input above. Weather and asking for nearby restaurants all work. Asking for my location also gives me the correct information.

So long as you get 200 OK it will be successful. [emoji1] 🇨🇦

Cheers,
Alex

Cheers,
Alex

mtagt56

« Reply #58 on: August 17, 2016, 03:25:21 pm »
I have it all working now  using request maker I even got it to change the weather to my local area (my own post code) and its spot on.  I can also now find nearby information such as takeaway, hospitals etc.

Install request maker in Chrome.
Log onto Alexa on my PC http://alexa.amazon.com/
Go to settings.
Change address to an American address.
Then save.

On the top/right - select the envelope and looked for the XHR PUT pitangui.amazin.com/api/…
Then use request maker to edit raw text as follows:

Important: DO NOT change the label value at any point!

Firstly, set your timeZoneId (e.g.  America/Toronto), leave everything else as is and hit “Send”.

Then, add the following to your request (keep the timeZoneId changed, each step builds on the last):
1. Set the city value to your city/suburb  (e.g. Toronto)
2. Set countryCode (e.g. CA)
3. Set county (e.g. Toronto)
4. Set district (most likely — null)
5. Set houseNumber (e.g. 54)
6. Press “Send” to send those values

Then, once those have been sent, add changes to the following in the same way:
1. Set the first postalCode (e.g. M5K 6G4)
2. Set state (e.g. ON)
3. Set street (e.g. Grand Lake)
4. Press “Send” to send those values
Lastly:

1. Update the second postalCode  (e.g. M5K 6G4)
2. Press “Send” to send that value.

The Label will update itself based on your input above. Weather and asking for nearby restaurants all work. Asking for my location also gives me the correct information.

So long as you get 200 OK it will be successful. [emoji1] [emoji1063]

Cheers,
Alex

Cheers,
Alex

Good instructions Alex glad you got it sorted

pc360

« Reply #59 on: August 17, 2016, 06:18:06 pm »
Hi Again,

It def works! You need to do stage a time I start work time zone id Europe/London

Send that through you get 200 today means it has worked! Did you change US to GB?

IT 100% WORKS just do bit at time clicking send each time everytime you should get 200

Thanks, I now have this working!!  :)