Echo & Alexa Forums

stop alexa from saying ok ok ok already

SimonJames2020

Re: stop alexa from saying ok ok ok already
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2018, 04:53:42 pm »
So, good news is that it seems they have been listening, for according to CNET  this feature has just been launched in the US. Anyone know how long after US releases we have to wait in the UK?

https://www.cnet.com/google-amp/news/amazon-alexas-brief-mode-stops-the-voice-assistant-from-saying-ok/
« Last Edit: March 17, 2018, 04:56:55 pm by SimonJames2020 »

DroMike

« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2018, 02:06:53 pm »
I had to laugh at this post.  An ex of mine comes over and will use Echo and CAN'T STAND the "OKs."  haha  I tell her that it is helpful in that it advises you that the command was received.  I guess I'm not as easily annoyed as others because I don't mind it at all.  Of course to be fair, I'm annoyed at other things that others aren't so it all works out.  :-)

« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2018, 04:45:30 pm »
I had to laugh at this post.  An ex of mine comes over and will use Echo and CAN'T STAND the "OKs."  haha  I tell her that it is helpful in that it advises you that the command was received.  I guess I'm not as easily annoyed as others because I don't mind it at all.  Of course to be fair, I'm annoyed at other things that others aren't so it all works out.  :-)

be thankful it is not google home.  it says, ok, turning on soso. or ok, turning the soso off

« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2018, 11:18:53 am »

be thankful it is not google home.  it says, ok, turning on soso. or ok, turning the soso off

The Echo's do that when used with Firestick TV. when you ask it to launch Netflix it says "Getting Netflix from Fire TV", and it also will tell you similar items if you ask for a specific movie. "Getting movie from Fire TV"

Just sayin'... but it doesn't doit on all products. Seemingly the only one I have that stuff is fire TV.
2 Echo Dots 2nd gen
2 echo dots gen 3 (no clock) -2 Echo Dot 3rd gen with Clock
1 echo dot Gen 4 with clock
1 Echo Spot
4 10" Fire Tablets
1 15' Echo show
23 Hue Lights 1 Hue bridge - 1 Amazon Smart plug outlet
One Ring Doorbell Pro
4 cell phones with Alexa app installed!
You should see My Apple Device List!

ChiroVette

« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2018, 10:57:55 am »
I can't find a way to turn off the echo's response of OK for every request.

To me, this is a high quality problem. I like the fact that Alexa says "Okay" all the time, NOT because I need to hear "Okay" when I can easily see my lights go on/off or my PS4/XBone activities start properly, but because its only one, short little word. I wouldn't disable this feature even if there was a way to do it, but I guess its all down to personal preference. If it is really that annoying to you, I hope you find a solution.

Musicman

« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2018, 04:07:46 pm »
Does anyone know why “Brief Mode” is not available to everyone.  “Alexa voice commands” is not found in my settings.  How do I get it?

AlanH

« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2018, 04:32:40 pm »
Probably still US and Canada for now, other regions later.

Musicman

« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2018, 05:54:52 pm »
I live in  the US and I’m unable to get it.  I even asked tech support and they were of no help.  It seems to be only a select few have this feature.

Jerome

« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2018, 04:33:34 am »
I live in  the US and I’m unable to get it.  I even asked tech support and they were of no help.  It seems to be only a select few have this feature.
Same here.
I don't live in the US but my Echos are all based on a US Amazon account and I've always had all the other US-only features real quick.
Except for that Brief mode which has been nowhere to be found since it was announced (neither on the Alexa website nor the iPad app)
This is odd and frustrating  :o :-\

« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2018, 07:20:50 am »
well... its the follow up feature recently added, I have four it feels more human since You can command an action and the follow up feature allows you to say thanks after it happens, and My Dot says something polite to acknowledge my thanks... Like "no problem" or You're Welcome" or some other nicety. Kinda seems conversational for the moment, where most of the time it still feels so robotic.
2 Echo Dots 2nd gen
2 echo dots gen 3 (no clock) -2 Echo Dot 3rd gen with Clock
1 echo dot Gen 4 with clock
1 Echo Spot
4 10" Fire Tablets
1 15' Echo show
23 Hue Lights 1 Hue bridge - 1 Amazon Smart plug outlet
One Ring Doorbell Pro
4 cell phones with Alexa app installed!
You should see My Apple Device List!

Musicman

« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2018, 09:04:16 am »
I wonder if it is available only if you have amazon Prime.  Which I do now.