Echo & Alexa Forums

Alexa and TuneIn

funkyirishman

Alexa and TuneIn
« on: July 12, 2017, 07:08:41 am »
Ok have Alexa a while and she has been nice to me on occasions

However recently she is acting up in relation to playing radio stations on TuneIn. Radio in Ireland is muck so I listen via Alexa and have favourites set up. However recently I have asked Alexa to play X station on TuneIn and her reply is

I cannot play songs by Artists

or something along those lines. Thing is I have been playing X station for ages and only recently have this issue

So is Alexa having a Strop or is it a TuneIn issue?

mike27oct

Re: Alexa and TuneIn
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2017, 01:37:51 pm »
Likely an issue with not using the correct station name, as it might have changed.  Go to Tunein site and find the station in question and notice the correct name and use that with Alexa.

mindmagic

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2017, 05:50:30 am »
Try also adding, or using instead, the FM frequency number.

funkyirishman

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2017, 08:14:42 am »
Cheers

I have it saved on Favourites in the app and this is the only way I can get it to play. The station is CDNX (based in the UK) so no frequency that I know of. Thing is it played before I just said Alexa play CDNX on TuneIn. Sometimes it could not find it but eventually did now coming back saying cannot play artists

strayfish

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2017, 08:27:18 am »
The software seems to change the amount of leeway it allows for instructions every so often. For instance, I needed to be very specific about 'play BBC radio six' at the beginning, then for a while I didn't need to say 'play', and now I do again but I don't need to specify BBC. Could be it's done the same kind of thing with your station.

funkyirishman

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2017, 09:36:50 am »
I have tried
alexa play cdnx on tunein
play cdnx on tunein
Alexa play cdnx radio on tunein

Etc Etc and still no joy

not sure if its Alexa or TuneIn but just cannot get it to play. Can play other stations like RTE but just not this one and the reply back re cannot play artist is only recently happening

AlanH

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2017, 10:15:13 am »
There are two streams on CDNX - CDNX 1 and CDNX 2. Alexa only seems to recognise the second stream. Try "Alexa, play CDNX TWO radio on TuneIn". (Using your own wake word as appropriate).