Echo & Alexa Forums

Reminders now working in UK

StevenR

Reminders now working in UK
« on: June 06, 2017, 12:47:48 pm »
I just noticed that reminders are working in the UK now. I can say something like "Alexa, remind me to <whatever> at <date and time>" and get a reminder. However, I cannot find any way to delete completed reminders from the Alexa app once I have been reminded (they appear in a Completed Reminders section, but there is no delete button there).

Named timers still don't appear to have been made available here as far as I can tell.

strayfish

Re: Reminders now working in UK
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2017, 01:52:32 pm »
Ooh, going to give that a go :)

mindmagic

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2017, 04:00:12 am »
The reminder is spoken twice then it's gone. If you're not within hearing distance you'll miss it.

strayfish

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2017, 05:34:30 am »
The reminder is spoken twice then it's gone. If you're not within hearing distance you'll miss it.

That's exactly what happened! If you miss it, you have to remember you asked to be reminded and look in History, which doesn't quite defeat the object but does weaken it a bit. Useful for someone who is always in range, maybe due to mobility difficulties or other confining issues.

Beetle-Snake

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2017, 05:28:00 am »
agreed - I was hoping the dial would blink or something to show you the reminder had been activated and we would then be able to delete that reminder once we had listened to it. I am probably going to set reminders on all three of my devices just to be sure I hear it wherever I am in the house. I need to check also if the volume of the reminder can be adjusted independantly of the main volume as the last 2 examples I tried was set fairly low by another member of our household when using the device to listen to music. All that said it is useful and I can see the 'Show' being useful for keeping the reminder displayed.

strayfish

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2017, 05:41:31 am »
All that said it is useful and I can see the 'Show' being useful for keeping the reminder displayed.

That's a thought. I'm looking forward to seeing 'Show' although I'm dimly aware that I'm going to end up with an entire zoo of these things at some point! Seems Apple are pitching too, with this: "Apple is launching a smart home speaker called HomePod to compete with the Amazon Echo and Google Home devices, the company revealed at its annual worldwide developer conference." https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2017/jun/05/apple-homepod-speaker-amazon-echo-google-home

Falstaff

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2017, 03:13:59 am »
I like this feature. I just set her to remind me to put out the dustbin tonight. I did ask for a weekly reminder but she could not do recurring reminders , for now...

NB . You can get her to say anything. I had her tell me that " I love you 'Falstaff''"

Sad, I know but it made me laugh.......😊