Echo & Alexa Forums

google home and chromecast

google home and chromecast
« on: July 07, 2017, 10:25:15 pm »
was just wonder how do they work together as far as streaming to the tv?  are you able to give a voice command to open the different apps like netflix, amazon, or whatever streaming services is offered on chrome cast?  in other words, can you tell it to open netflix and play soso movie? then tell it to open hulu and play whatever?

I do not have either but am trying to an idea as to how they work together.  I was asked at work the other day and realized I know absolutely nothing other than google home can answer questions and turn on lights. 

mike27oct

Re: google home and chromecast
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2017, 12:44:18 am »
As far as I know they do not work together or interact.

What I know is both can receive music from a mobile device using an app that includes the cast icon.  I have a few apps like this and have cast music from a source (e.g. my PC's Chrome browser, or my iPhone, iPad or my home network) to either (but not both simultaneously)  On Home, music plays and I can ask Home what is playing and get a reply.  On the Chromecast/TV the visual shows album art, title and artist. Since my TV audio is input to the stereo system, sound is great.