Echo & Alexa Forums

alexa.amazon.com Hangs

bitspiel

alexa.amazon.com Hangs
« on: July 01, 2017, 05:41:30 am »
So, via the 54.0.1 variant of Firefox, launching alexa.amazon.com never finishes loading. Get Amazon Alexa and the "it's loading spinning circle image."

Reached out to Amazon tech support and their first question was does it work from Chrome. I don't have Chrome installed. They wanted me to install it! Come on... it's 2017 and they're playing "blame the browser!" I refused and ended the chat session.

I've cleared cache. I've cleared cookies. No avail.

Anyone else having problems using Firefox on Windows 7 x64?

Offline jwlv

Re: alexa.amazon.com Hangs
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2017, 06:44:00 am »
I'm using Firefox 54.0.1 and alexa.amazon.com works fine for me. Just be certain that you're already logged in Amazon with your account. The spinning circle does take a few seconds. After that, the main screen comes up (see screenshot). I'm using 32-bit Firefox, but the 64-bit version shouldn't make any difference.

So the problem isn't with Firefox. But it still could be Firefox related if you have plugins or addons that are not compatible or outdated.

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2017, 05:29:17 pm »
So, via the 54.0.1 variant of Firefox, launching alexa.amazon.com never finishes loading. Get Amazon Alexa and the "it's loading spinning circle image."

Reached out to Amazon tech support and their first question was does it work from Chrome. I don't have Chrome installed. They wanted me to install it! Come on... it's 2017 and they're playing "blame the browser!" I refused and ended the chat session.

I've cleared cache. I've cleared cookies. No avail.

Anyone else having problems using Firefox on Windows 7 x64?

it is common sense to try a different browser.  they are not blaming the browser, they are trying to see if it is a browser problem or something else.   you must remember, you are the one asking for help, the person at the other end of the chat is not sitting in front of your computer so it is you that must try different things to troubleshoot to help them to help you.   sometimes your antivirus and malware utility can cause similar problems in addition to browser addons and extensions.   your adblocker and popup blocker could also cause problems. 

so my question is, have you tried a different browser?  It don't have to be chrome, you should have internet explorer already installed so give it a try. 

« Last Edit: July 01, 2017, 05:31:39 pm by renegade600 »

bitspiel

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2017, 05:11:32 pm »
So I uninstalled Firefox. Cleared the %APPDATA% mozilla folder. Reinstalled Firefox... and it alexa.amazon.com no longer hangs.