malliekm

Google Home Now Has Bluetooth
« on: June 29, 2017, 07:22:04 pm »
 :)

malliekm

Re: Google Home Now Has Bluetooth
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2017, 08:20:51 pm »
... or it doesn't ::)
I just updated Google home in the Play Store. I still have the older of the two numbers listed in the article.
It's slowly being rolled out.

mike27oct

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2017, 08:40:07 pm »
Doesn't the Home auto update the FW like Alexa devices?  Do I really need to go to Google Store for the device?  Google Home app on phone auto updates.

malliekm

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2017, 09:58:48 pm »
Yes, it will auto update.  I was just updating the software.

mike27oct

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2017, 12:35:40 am »
A confusing reply; meaning it is ALL software. The update of the app is software (the Alexa app used to display this, but it doesn't anymore.)  When the Dot gets new software update the app displays it as "Device software version" and it is automatically updated when a new one is released.  This is also known as a firmware (FW) update in the trade.

So, which comparable software in, or for, the Home are you referring to; the app or the FW?  Just like with a Dot, a Home should not require you to go to the Google store for FW; it is only for the app software you need to do this, and I don't know about your phone, but my phone shows me all the apps that have a new version when I enter the store and then click Update All.

malliekm

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2017, 01:22:31 am »
I don't know Mike.  Just forget I said anything  :-\  I'm pooped and have grandbabies tonight.  They're finally in bed and if I was one to indulge in adult beverages, I'd be indulging!   A trip to the city, the Dr, the hour drive home, cooking dinner, 95 degrees and grandbabies...I can't be responsible for what I type ;)   I know FW and SW are two different things.  For the most part, I don't let software update it's self.  A throw back from the days where it was wise not to do that.  May be ok now, I don't know.  I still investigate all MS updates before I let them install :o  I just went to the Play Store to make sure I had the latest update just to be ready. 

mike27oct

« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2017, 07:07:46 pm »
All I was trying to figure out is if I need to go to the app store for anything, and think I know the answer is no, it all happens automagically.

malliekm

« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2017, 01:04:47 pm »