Echo & Alexa User Discussions and Support Forums

When a person is not breathing, permanent brain damage begins after 4 minutes and death in 6 minutes after that. Can you count on help arriving before that time? Learning proper CPR techniques is easy and you can learn it in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.

Bluetooth speakers

Bluetooth speakers
« on: May 16, 2015, 12:15:53 am »
I am trying to add a blue tooth speaker to extend the reach of echo to other rooms when listening to music. Can it be done

Offline jwlv

Re: Bluetooth speakers
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2015, 02:16:11 pm »
No, that can't be done, at least not right now.
Echo is a Bluetooth speaker.  It cannot connect to other Bluetooth speakers.

I suppose it would be possible for the Echo programmers to allow it to pair to other Bluetooth speakers. But I don't think it would be to Amazon's best interests. They probably would rather have you buy another Echo.  I'm still waiting for when Amazon allows us to order a 2nd or 3rd Echo. But for now, it's still limited to 1 per customer.

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2015, 07:45:42 pm »
So I like to add my vote if anyone at Amazon cares.    Essentially this could work like a Sonus replacement with multiple BT speakers in every room.   "Alexa Play NPR in the bathroom"   Also, my Onkyo receiver also has BT, and as good as the Echo speakers are, I think my Klipsch's sound better...

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2015, 10:29:22 am »
Yes it would be great if I could say "Alexa airplay music in kitchen" or the whole house.

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2015, 10:19:17 am »
Im going to try an idea . I have the Sylvania Musiclites installed all over my house. I'm going to wire in a 3.5mm jack to the echo and plug in the sender to the lights . The musiclites allow me to control the room via zones . If this works i don't see why i couldn't plug in a 3.5mm Bluetooth transceiver into the same plug and send to my Onkyo via bluetooth.. Ill post picks when i'm done,