Echo & Alexa Forums

Please give feedback to Amazon

Offline jwlv

Please give feedback to Amazon
« on: February 22, 2015, 01:48:43 pm »
If you want Amazon to add integration with Wemo, Hue, Nest or an open API for developers, please write to Amazon directly.
If it very important that you do this through the Echo App. What you write will be extremely valuable since only Echo owners can contact Amazon this way. They will know that you are an Echo owner through the Amazon account that's registered with your Echo.

1. In the Echo App, touch the menu icon.
2. At the bottom of the menu items, touch "General Feedback"
3. For the issue, touch "New Feature Request"
4. Type what you want to say and send it.

sarlen

Re: Please give feedback to Amazon
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2015, 06:29:45 pm »
requests this week:

Support for Fire TV
Support for Audible
Support for MLB at bat game day audio
Expanded support for information on sports; ability to make a list of favorite teams and ask Alexa how my favorite teams are doing.

They only email me back on every other request I submit, wondering if they get them all, anyone else experience this?

Offline jwlv

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2015, 11:13:21 pm »
One thing I'd like Echo to do is to read any available text online via text-to-speech.
For example, I want to tell Echo, "Alexa, read Macbeth Act 5" and it should start reading the entire text of Act 5.
The Echo has the capability to do something like this, but it just hasn't been implemented yet. I suppose Amazon could make a deal with Project Gutenberg to get access to thousands of free/public domain literature. Or since it's all free/public domain, Amazon could just store all of the text on its own servers and bypass Project Gutenberg altogether.

step1107

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2015, 11:17:35 pm »
How about that it can answer a 100th of the questions you could ask of Siri or Google? I knew it wasn't going to be quite as sophisticated but damn, my two year old can answer more questions.