Echo & Alexa Forums

Unable to request a specific song by a specific artist

PEGASUS

Unable to request a specific song by a specific artist
« on: June 25, 2017, 12:26:46 pm »
This used to work before, but now when I ask Alexa to play a particular song by a particular artist, she asks if I wish to add a station for that artist instead of playing the song.  If i ask Alexa to play a particular song without specifying the artist, she plays the song, but more often than not it's the incorrect song since there are many songs with the same name.

Did a recent update change this functionality?  I've had my Amazon Echo for over a year and I've used it daily to request a particular song by a particular artist without an issue.  Losing this feature makes it almost worthless for me other than using the echo with my smart home devices

jim1590

Re: Unable to request a specific song by a specific artist
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2017, 09:43:17 am »
The available library is always in flux. Songs get added, songs get removed. Same with artists.

It could be that the song you are looking for just is no longer available.

Jerome

Re: Unable to request a specific song by a specific artist
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2017, 10:04:22 am »
This used to work before, but now when I ask Alexa to play a particular song by a particular artist, she asks if I wish to add a station for that artist instead of playing the song.  If i ask Alexa to play a particular song without specifying the artist, she plays the song, but more often than not it's the incorrect song since there are many songs with the same name.

Did a recent update change this functionality?  I've had my Amazon Echo for over a year and I've used it daily to request a particular song by a particular artist without an issue.  Losing this feature makes it almost worthless for me other than using the echo with my smart home devices
Hello Pegasus,
Can you specify what music service you're using ?
Amazon Music? Spotify ?