Echo & Alexa Forums

hardwire connected but only plays from 1 speaker

stobelman

hardwire connected but only plays from 1 speaker
« on: June 23, 2017, 11:58:09 pm »
Just got the Dot today.
For some reason it will not connect to my bluetooth enabled receiver.
Hard wired the echo dot to an older receiver and connected all bose cube speakers to receiver.  Alexa only plays out of one speaker.  I have 5 speakers.

I am at a loss.  Please help me. :'(

CChamp

Re: hardwire connected but only plays from 1 speaker
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2017, 12:04:29 am »
I had the same problem with a 3 speaker setup that I have. Turns out that the way that the Echo is made and the size of the speaker bayonet, it was not allowing the bayonet to go in all the way in. Went to Walmart and got an adapter bayonet that was smaller in size and everything works fine. Hope this helps, CC

mike27oct

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2017, 12:27:38 am »
Right idea but wrong solution.  Just push the male plug FIRMLY into the Dot to break it in.  I have had this issue with about 3 Dots.

CChamp

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2017, 12:33:17 am »
Right idea but wrong solution.  Just push the male plug FIRMLY into the Dot to break it in.  I have had this issue with about 3 Dots.
I tried this until I didn't feel comfortable pushing any harder. The adaptor slid right in and worked fine. Anyway, hope he gets it going.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2017, 12:35:26 am by CChamp »

mike27oct

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2017, 03:38:15 am »
I felt that way, too, first time, and at the time I had my first two Dots (gen1) One was really hard to push in, another less so.  So, I realized these little plugs are very tight.  So I pushed into the less-tight one first and after a good solid push with male jack I heard and felt it snap in.  So, I worked on the other one and got it in, too.  I also pulled them out right away and they were less tight to plug in again.

Anyway, I felt it was Amazon's problem if I broke them, but all it turned out to be was tight little buggers; the jack must be flush with the Dot's plug for all three connections to work.I also got some gen2 Dots and same story. The Dot plugs are made with good hard spring steel!