Get CPR certified in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.
Echo & Alexa Forums

Hands on with my new Echo Show

Laurel

Hands on with my new Echo Show
« on: June 29, 2017, 04:37:51 pm »
This morning I drove down to Lynden, Washington from White Rock, BC to pick up my two Echo Shows.  Just hooked them up, and so far I am loving them.  We have one in the family room, and one in the master bedroom.  The intercom feature with camera is excellent.  Only negative so far is it sounds a little echo like.  (no pun intended lol).  Neat to explore all the features, but it is a learning curve.  I am not sure how to get it to access all my pictures from my Blackberry Android.  Perhaps I need to send them to the cloud?  Anyway I am loving them!  I put my old Echo in the office and she is working fine as an intercom too. 

malliekm

Re: Hands on with my new Echo Show
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2017, 06:47:50 pm »
Happy you're enjoying your new gadgets :)  I know what you mean about the "echo" or maybe it's just hearing it thru out the house as well as the Show?  That's what was happening at my parent's house with all the wood floors.  There is some latency in the Echo and combined it all sounds like an echo or double talk, etc.  I guess in a REALLY BIG house with the devices at opposite ends, you wouldn't have that issue. 

glenharrell

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2017, 08:36:44 pm »
got my echo show, to go along with my 3 dots, original echo and the new dash.  But i am puzzled why i can't hook up bluetooth to the echo show. In the app, under settings, the show is the only device without a bluetooth line item.

Am i looking for something not there, or is there another way to connect my Bose bluetooth audio adapter?

g

Laurel

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2017, 10:43:20 pm »
got my echo show, to go along with my 3 dots, original echo and the new dash.  But i am puzzled why i can't hook up bluetooth to the echo show. In the app, under settings, the show is the only device without a bluetooth line item.

Am i looking for something not there, or is there another way to connect my Bose bluetooth audio adapter?

g
Glen I believe that you have to connect to bluetooth via using the echo show screen i.e. swipe down, push settings, and connect to bluetooth comes up.

glenharrell

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2017, 09:36:56 am »
Fantastic! worked perfectly.  thanks

Laurel

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2017, 10:59:25 am »

You're welcome. Glad I could help.  If you know how to put photos from an android phone onto Alexa Echo Show let me know lol.

k9kids

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2017, 11:35:22 am »

You're welcome. Glad I could help.  If you know how to put photos from an android phone onto Alexa Echo Show let me know lol.

Go to your Alexa app on your phone.

Choose settings

Choose Echo Show

Scroll down to add a photo from your device.

You can pick from various locations on the phone or even pick a photo from your Dropbox account if you have one.

Laurel

« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2017, 12:32:56 pm »

Go to your Alexa app on your phone.

Choose settings

Choose Echo Show

Scroll down to add a photo from your device.

You can pick from various locations on the phone or even pick a photo from your Dropbox account if you have one.

Thanks so much k9kids. I don't know how I missed that.