Echo & Alexa Forums

Alarm sound not changing?

asianrocker

Alarm sound not changing?
« on: June 23, 2017, 12:12:48 am »
I have googled about this and it seem I am not the only one with the problem. I even called amazon support but they can't help me. I need EVERY solution you guys can think of please. SoI can try and update if it work for me.

I also notice. When I play spotify. It does not obey the stop, next, etc commands anymore. What gives? Any one know? I only had my echo for less than a week.

mike27oct

Re: Alarm sound not changing?
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2017, 01:32:27 am »
Unplug it for FIVE minutes so it clears its little chips.  Then, plug it in and try again.

asianrocker

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2017, 11:54:17 pm »
Unplug it for FIVE minutes so it clears its little chips.  Then, plug it in and try again.

Thanks. I actually unplug it overnight and alarm sound is still not changing. Anyone has any other ideas. Do tell.

StevenR

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2017, 01:47:33 am »
Changing the default alarm sound only affects new alarms created after changing the sound. You need to edit the existing alarms individually to change their alarm sounds.

Alpha Bitch

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2017, 12:58:21 pm »
Call technical support if StevenR's suggestions do not work.....

Phone
Dial 1-877-375-9365 or 1-206-922-0197.

asianrocker

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2017, 11:34:44 pm »
Changing the default alarm sound only affects new alarms created after changing the sound. You need to edit the existing alarms individually to change their alarm sounds.

How do you find the existing alarms and change the sounds there? I actually can't find it.

Anyway, my celebrity alarm sound actually just worked today. I set up alarm for 8pm. It was 6pm I think when I set it up. And bam the celebrity alarm is the sound.

But when I try to alarm for a minute after that, then it's back to default sound.

Oh well. Also can you set up alarm sound using zedge app? I don't find any option for that.

I already called tech support. They are no help. They actually said the same thing. Unplug it then don't use it for awhile.

Alpha Bitch

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2017, 04:29:17 pm »
How do you find the existing alarms and change the sounds there? I actually can't find it.
Really strange.  If you have a comp, get the browser Alexa app then do the following after you are signed in (not sure if the iOS app mapping is the same):
Alexa app>Settings>Your device (should be at the very top of list)>General>Sounds>Custom Sounds>Alarm>Custom - the next window is where you will see a list of all the available custom sounds.  Click on the sound you want.   Make sure there is a dark teal color check mark next to it.

I already called tech support. They are no help.
Then you need to call them back & ask to speak w/a supervisor and/or manager.  Ask for a replacement and/or refund.  More than likely you will get a replacement at no extra cost to you.

GOOD LUCK!