Echo & Alexa Forums

My new Google Home

malliekm

Re: My new Google Home
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2017, 12:19:08 am »
It's late and I've been up since 5:30AM (with 3.5 hours sleep).  I'll let you do it  ;) 
I think Mr asianrocker needs to buy a GH, use it for a couple of weeks
and if he still doesn't get it, return it OR mail it to me :)

asianrocker

« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2017, 01:15:51 pm »
You are very lucky that Best Buy took care of you the way they did.  Some people get lucky when they don't really deserve to!

I wouldn't call it luck. It's a marketing strategy for Best Buy to entice customers to buy from them. If you knew that Best Buy will match a lower price, would you feel better buying from Best Buy or Newegg (or some place else)?

Fair and easy return policies also influence where I buy from. I haven't bought anything in years from Fry's because of their ridiculous return policies. Maybe that's changed now but I haven't been back to find out.

I love Fry's and Bestbuy. Those were my go to 'hangouts' on weekends. There is only one Fry's statewide where I live and I used to always go there on weekends. I usually return my item though, LOL. They're cheaper than best buy. Best buy is expensive I remember buying a $200 external portable HD and a $1000 humongous epson projector.

Ugh. Looking back wow I was able to spend THAT much from my paycheck AND living in my apartment on my own?

But yeah I usually buy online they're way cheaper but I really like Best buy's price match and adjustment policy. So I usually look for cheaper price online on what I want and pray best buy has it in their store so they can price match it. No more waiting for packages.

And just read your other posts. All I can say is this. I know my 'tech' stuff. If I REALLY want something techy to do. Like I said google is my BFF. Notice how I LOVE using google? I, in fact, have a black belt on google-fu. But VERY unimpressed with GH? Now that's saying something. If you still don't get my drift then well...
« Last Edit: July 22, 2017, 01:40:22 pm by asianrocker »

mike27oct

« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2017, 02:05:47 pm »
AR>   But VERY unimpressed with GH? Now that's saying something. If you still don't get my drift then well...

Yes, I get your drift, and it's not what you may think it is.  You come in here and start dissing products people own when you don't have one.  No one has dissed the new Echo you have so you can now back off of dissing Google Homes people have.  You have read some reasons people why they like the GH, and apparently none of it stuck with you.