Echo & Alexa Forums

TP Link smart plug 100 (EU)

blackpit

TP Link smart plug 100 (EU)
« on: June 16, 2017, 10:02:44 am »
good day, I have issues with Alexa and the TP link smart plugs (3). Although Kasa works fine & alexa sees the devises through the app, she does not recognize the devices to operate them.

in the alexa app I see all 3 of them, but when I ask alexa to search (vocally) for devises see doesn't see any smart devices.
additionally when asked to turn on or off she doesn't see any lights (plugs)

I have re installed the app and skill again but nothing. followed the guide of TP LINK still nothing
could you please assist?

thank you

Midwest Banker

Re: TP Link smart plug 100 (EU)
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2017, 10:30:39 pm »
I am having the same issue.  I have also completely removed and added the Kasa App.  Also disabled and re-enabled the Kasa Skill in the Alexa App.  Everything works in the Kasa App.  In the Alexa App, it finally found my 4 smart plugs, but sometimes they are identified as offline.  When they are "on line", Alexa says "TP-Link is not responding".

Is there an issue within the Alexa App that is preventing the Kasa Skill from working properly?

mike27oct

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2017, 11:47:30 pm »
Both of you need to contact your country's Echo support via phone.  They can help troubleshoot while you are on phone with them.

mike27oct

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2017, 12:47:31 am »
Update to above.  It is a little while after my above reply.  I also am having current TP Link issues in US.  NEITHER My Alexa devices NOR my Google Home can control the TP link switches right now.  Alexa says that "TP Link is not responding".  NEVERTHELESS, the Kasa app can still control the switches.  This all indicates an issue at TP Link.  A few months ago their servers went out, and looks like it has done it again.  Make no adjustments to your gadgets as that can do more harm than good.  Just wait as long as it takes; maybe 24 hours.  It took many hours when it happened before for things to work right again.

malliekm

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2017, 04:54:28 am »
The outage must not have affected my part of Texas.  GH has been turning my bedroom light on and off all night. Alexa has been operating the other two tp-link outlets during the early morning hours.

mike27oct

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2017, 01:04:42 pm »
Outage began around 10 PM, PDT and was over about an hour later.