Echo & Alexa Forums

alexa stopped confirming requests to turn on/off lights

Maff

Re: alexa stopped confirming requests to turn on/off lights
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2016, 07:35:43 pm »
Looks like it worked.. (all the requests to Amazon).. Sometime in the last 3 hours my 2 echos started saying "OK" again instead of the beeps!

DParker

« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2016, 09:21:06 pm »
Looks like it worked.. (all the requests to Amazon).. Sometime in the last 3 hours my 2 echos started saying "OK" again instead of the beeps!

That's the first thing my wife informed me of when I got home from work.  I guess it really is the little things in life, eh?

vegasguy

« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2016, 09:32:20 pm »
I wrote feedback thru the app asking them to bring back the "ok" confirmation about 2 weeks ago.

Today they brought it back. Glad to know that they listened to what people want.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RadYOacTiVe

« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2016, 05:43:46 pm »
I wrote feedback thru the app asking them to bring back the "ok" confirmation about 2 weeks ago.

Today they brought it back. Glad to know that they listened to what people want.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Just confirmed on my echo.   Glad to have it back!

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

fstbusa

« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2016, 09:34:15 pm »
Back on mine also.  I also wrote to them and asked to have it back!  I was  pleasantly surprised when she responded "OK" when I asked her to turn on the lamp tonight!

icemanfred

« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2016, 05:45:55 am »
Very Happy that the Okay " is back.
Even happier that our requests were heard and acted on. Kudos to the echo team.

Ginger

« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2018, 01:12:29 pm »
I guess it's all a matter of 'Be careful what you wish for...'
I used to want to hush Alexa when she said Okay after I requested lights on/off, but now that we have this (too) subtle ping instead of her friendly voice saying okay, I'd rather have the okay back.
or why not a choice? I have heard of some people complaining about the okay while others like it. Shouldn't that indicate to the creators that the general public needs a choice here?
When my husband travels & I'm home alone, sometimes Alexa's voice is the only one I hear, having a convo or requesting a joke. Or saying okay when I ask her to turn off the bedroom light.

dragon123

« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2018, 01:47:25 pm »
I'd rather have the okay back.
or why not a choice?

I don't see this option yet and my alexa still says 'OK'. But according to this thread if you're in the US, there should be an option for Alexa Voice Responses in the settings (at least on the webpage, not sure about the app):
http://www.echotalk.org/index.php?topic=3755.0

« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2018, 03:58:45 pm »
I guess it's all a matter of 'Be careful what you wish for...'
I used to want to hush Alexa when she said Okay after I requested lights on/off, but now that we have this (too) subtle ping instead of her friendly voice saying okay, I'd rather have the okay back.
or why not a choice? I have heard of some people complaining about the okay while others like it. Shouldn't that indicate to the creators that the general public needs a choice here?
When my husband travels & I'm home alone, sometimes Alexa's voice is the only one I hear, having a convo or requesting a joke. Or saying okay when I ask her to turn off the bedroom light.

did you not see the other threads about this???  You dug out this two year old thread instead of a newer one that gave the answer. 

just go to settings, click on the device and scroll down.  you can change it there to give the okay again.  the thing is, the default is to say okay so you or someone must have change it. 
« Last Edit: March 19, 2018, 04:00:23 pm by renegade600 »

merlec

« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2018, 05:33:37 pm »
In the Alexa App go to Settings > General > Aleza Voice Responses and switch "Brief Mode" off

Jerome

« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2018, 10:37:02 am »
Yep, apparently "Brief Mode is not controlled on a per-device basis, but rather, as an account-wide setting."
Source : http://www.aftvnews.com/how-to-disable-alexas-new-brief-mode-in-order-to-bring-back-okay-responses/

« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2018, 01:31:10 pm »
yea you are right, I was thinking about the other new feature that was per device when I posted.  me bad... I do think it should be per device.  you may want the full response when in living room but not in bedroom. 
« Last Edit: March 21, 2018, 01:32:53 pm by renegade600 »

malliekm

« Reply #27 on: March 21, 2018, 02:53:15 pm »
Which other feature?

« Reply #28 on: March 21, 2018, 03:17:15 pm »
Which other feature?

be honest at the time of my post, I could not remember either  :-)  getting old but it was the multiple command one. 

Jerome

« Reply #29 on: March 21, 2018, 03:47:29 pm »
Which other feature?

be honest at the time of my post, I could not remember either  :-)  getting old but it was the multiple command one.
I think you mixed up with the follow-up mode which is per device.
And I agree : the brief mode should be per device too.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2018, 03:49:26 pm by Jerome »