Echo & Alexa Forums

Echo Dot Keeps Resetting

Sophimo42

Echo Dot Keeps Resetting
« on: June 12, 2017, 11:30:03 am »
My echo dot continuously spins with the blue ring and will disappear like it's about to say "Hello" but then the process restarts and goes on for hours. When it eventually does say hello and I try to play music, if I change the volume from my phone, on the echo dot's body with the volume buttons, or ask Alexa to change the volume over voice command, it shuts off and starts spinning again. When I finally think it's okay again I try to change the volume and it messes up again. I tried the factory reset and I've left it unplugged for more than enough time. I can't find a solution anywhere.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2017, 11:37:02 am by Sophimo42 »

malliekm

Re: Echo Dot Keeps Resetting
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2017, 04:07:05 pm »
Do you have a strong wifi signal where the Dot is located?
Has it ever worked properly?
Can you move it close to your wifi and try again?

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2017, 04:22:53 pm »
I also suspect a router issue.
If you can enter the router settings look to see you have allowed enough wi-fi connections to handle all devices you may use.

Offline jwlv

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2017, 04:27:03 pm »
This is probably due to an under-powered USB adapter. Are you using the one that came with your Echo Dot? This problem has been talked about in several threads on this forum.

mike27oct

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2017, 05:06:38 pm »
Sometimes theis problem can be solved by unplugging Dot for five minutes and then plugging it back in.

REMOVE CAPTCHA.

I had to do it over six times!

gstapleton

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2017, 12:05:16 pm »
I am getting the same spinning ring. Unfortunately the replies to the original question in this thread does not take care of the issue.   :(

Alpha Bitch

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2017, 12:53:55 pm »
Unfortunately the replies to the original question in this thread does not take care of the issue.   :(
Then it's time to call technical support:  1-877-375-9365

TeslaMan

« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2017, 06:44:48 pm »
I had the same problem.  It was due to having too weak of a USB driver.  I used my samsung fast charge usb that I use to charge my note 4 and no problems, came right up.  Change this first.

superdave67

« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2017, 10:54:58 am »
I had the same issue.  It (Echo Dot) would act like it's starting up, the blue ring would circle, then got a light blue bit for a second, then off... and then all over again... over and over.  Oddly, and/or coincidentally, I recently put in a bunch of new Philips Hue stuffs (a Bridge, 3 color bulbs, a Bloom, 2 motion sensors), which was indicated as a potential issue in another post regarding these reboots (possibly something about not enough WiFi connections).  But... once I replaced the power cord with the original power cord and plug, it seems to be better now.  Must have not had enough power.

$.02 

kodi

« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2017, 08:10:33 am »
The same thing happened to me constant blue ring on and off. Change the usb cable mine must have been under powered.
changed it now its fine
hope this helps.