Echo & Alexa User Discussions and Support Forums

When a person is not breathing, permanent brain damage begins after 4 minutes and death in 6 minutes after that. Can you count on help arriving before that time? Learning proper CPR techniques is easy and you can learn it in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.

Google Home

Google Home
« on: June 10, 2017, 03:26:33 pm »
Yeah, I realize it's an alexa forum, but we seem to discuss all IA/AI stuff so I thought I'd throw out there...Google home is on sale or For sale at Sam's Club in my neighborhood for $99.95. Cheapest I have seen so far... almost bought one today, but I need to slow down my purchasing for a few untilI get some debt paid down. It's agood price... and the Apple Home Pod isn't available yet for those looking.
My Alexa environment includes :
1 full Sized Echo
4 Echo Dots
1 Echo Spot
1 Amazon Firestick with Alexa Voice Remote.
Several Hue Lights with a single bridge
4 Fire Tablets (2 of which now have "SHOW Capabilities" if switched to "Show Mode"!!!!
You should see My Apple Device List!

Re: Google Home
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2017, 03:43:57 pm »
you do know there is a google home section in this forum  :-P

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2017, 05:21:06 pm »
No... I only work with this part of the forums and the "Assistive Technologies parts... Sorry... maybe someone alreaqdy posted it...
1 full Sized Echo
4 Echo Dots
1 Echo Spot
4 Fire Tablets (2 of which now have "SHOW Capabilities" if switched to "Show Mode"!!!!

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2017, 05:27:23 pm »
Scott. if you click on Recent Unread Topics (upper right corner) you will see all the posts in ALL the different.forums and you won't miss a thing here.

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2017, 06:36:52 pm »
you do know there is a google home section in this forum  :-P

I hadn't seen that although I've seen GH posts. maybe I didn't spot the section header :)

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2017, 06:55:27 pm »
Scott. if you click on Recent Unread Topics (upper right corner) you will see all the posts in ALL the different.forums and you won't miss a thing here.

That's the beauty of having different controls and such... I don't read all the items that aren't in my viewfinder... I only read and follow the 2 forums I wish to follow. The others are easily forgotten after getting my groove in a forums pages... I have a fair number of forums I read and participate on. In this bunch I'm still a Noob, and appreciate the pointers and stuff... I probably won't change my world much right now, but if I get a Google Home... I know where to start learning.  Oddly, I have one particular Forum that I have read EVERY post on since inception. That's been several years now... It's easier to keep up when the traffic is moderate and a day missed doesn't set you back a few thousand posts... this forum is actually very slow compared to most of mine. I set mine up to read quickly what I have interest in, so there's no time wasted if there's nothing new in those subjects and threads.
1 full Sized Echo
4 Echo Dots
1 Echo Spot

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2017, 07:06:39 pm »
This is the slowest forum I've ever been a part of.  And the GH forum is even slower.  I've been trying to keep my Alexa and GH threads in the appropriate sub-forums.  $100 is the best price I've seen (except for the $53 that mine cost ;) )

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2017, 07:12:50 pm »
This is the slowest forum I've ever been a part of.  And the GH forum is even slower.  I've been trying to keep my Alexa and GH threads in the appropriate sub-forums.  $100 is the best price I've seen (except for the $53 that mine cost ;) )

not totally sure by what you mean this being the slowest forum but it is a small one with only a hand full of active members and I am guessing no moderators and one administrator (based on how long spam posts stay online).    so there could be times when there is a wait to get a replay.   

« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2017, 07:16:39 pm »
I realize it's a small forum and frankly don't understand why.  As popular as the Echo is, I thought it would see much more traffic.  I like it here! :)

« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2017, 07:18:58 pm »
No... I only work with this part of the forums and the "Assistive Technologies parts... Sorry... maybe someone alreaqdy posted it...

then you will miss stuff.  personally I always click on all recent unread posts so that I don't miss a post.  once I reply to those I want I will click on mark all unread posts as read.  This is what I do in every forum I belong to.   I don't miss any new posts this way.  the only disadvantage is sometimes I am not paying attention to the section I am in and give an invalid reply, for example, replying in the UK section using US information