Echo & Alexa Forums

Benefits of a Smart Thermostat vs Digital Programable

Re: Benefits of a Smart Thermostat vs Digital Programable
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2017, 07:26:09 pm »
I like blue MUCHO more!  And I like multi-colored options and this one is.  And I like the outdoor temp and in/outdoor humidity level feature.  I just like the whole format better. 

the one you want is easier on the eyes  :-)  I purchased the only one the local lowes had in stock over three years ago.  most likely it will no longer be updated in a year or so.   hopefully it will still work with alexa then. 

on a side note, something a lot of users do not consider until they purchased a wifi thermostat, does you current thermostat have a c wire?  if not, you will need to run a c wire or get an adaptor which could be around 20 bucks. 
« Last Edit: June 10, 2017, 07:29:49 pm by renegade600 »

malliekm

« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2017, 07:51:54 pm »
Yeah, I've watched a couple of videos on the installation process and the "C" wire was mentioned.  Mine is 10 years old.
I'm guessing it doesn't have a "C" wire.  I just tried pulling the face-plate off and couldn't get it to come off with gentle pressure. 

malliekm

« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2017, 11:51:12 pm »
Just found a schematic of my Honeywell VisionPro TH8000 thermostat and it DOES have a "C" wire.  Did an upgrade to a Honeywell wifi thermostat just get a lot easier? How to convince DH that we need it... ;)

« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2017, 03:21:51 am »
Just found a schematic of my Honeywell VisionPro TH8000 thermostat and it DOES have a "C" wire.  Did an upgrade to a Honeywell wifi thermostat just get a lot easier? How to convince DH that we need it... ;)

You will still need to verify if you have a wire or not.
All thermostats come with a spot for a c wire