Echo & Alexa Forums

Google Home

Google Home
« on: June 10, 2017, 03:26:33 pm »
Yeah, I realize it's an alexa forum, but we seem to discuss all IA/AI stuff so I thought I'd throw out there...Google home is on sale or For sale at Sam's Club in my neighborhood for $99.95. Cheapest I have seen so far... almost bought one today, but I need to slow down my purchasing for a few untilI get some debt paid down. It's agood price... and the Apple Home Pod isn't available yet for those looking.
2 Echo Dots 2nd gen
2 echo dots gen 3 (no clock) -2 Echo Dot 3rd gen with Clock
1 echo dot Gen 4 with clock
1 Echo Spot
4 10" Fire Tablets
1 15' Echo show
23 Hue Lights 1 Hue bridge - 1 Amazon Smart plug outlet
One Ring Doorbell Pro
4 cell phones with Alexa app installed!
You should see My Apple Device List!

Re: Google Home
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2017, 03:43:57 pm »
you do know there is a google home section in this forum  :-P

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2017, 05:21:06 pm »
No... I only work with this part of the forums and the "Assistive Technologies parts... Sorry... maybe someone alreaqdy posted it...
2 Echo Dots 2nd gen
1 Echo Spot
4 10" Fire Tablets
1 15' Echo show
One Ring Doorbell Pro

mike27oct

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2017, 05:27:23 pm »
Scott. if you click on Recent Unread Topics (upper right corner) you will see all the posts in ALL the different.forums and you won't miss a thing here.

strayfish

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2017, 06:36:52 pm »
you do know there is a google home section in this forum  :-P

I hadn't seen that although I've seen GH posts. maybe I didn't spot the section header :)

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2017, 06:55:27 pm »
Scott. if you click on Recent Unread Topics (upper right corner) you will see all the posts in ALL the different.forums and you won't miss a thing here.

That's the beauty of having different controls and such... I don't read all the items that aren't in my viewfinder... I only read and follow the 2 forums I wish to follow. The others are easily forgotten after getting my groove in a forums pages... I have a fair number of forums I read and participate on. In this bunch I'm still a Noob, and appreciate the pointers and stuff... I probably won't change my world much right now, but if I get a Google Home... I know where to start learning.  Oddly, I have one particular Forum that I have read EVERY post on since inception. That's been several years now... It's easier to keep up when the traffic is moderate and a day missed doesn't set you back a few thousand posts... this forum is actually very slow compared to most of mine. I set mine up to read quickly what I have interest in, so there's no time wasted if there's nothing new in those subjects and threads.
2 Echo Dots 2nd gen
1 Echo Spot
4 10" Fire Tablets
1 15' Echo show
One Ring Doorbell Pro

malliekm

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2017, 07:06:39 pm »
This is the slowest forum I've ever been a part of.  And the GH forum is even slower.  I've been trying to keep my Alexa and GH threads in the appropriate sub-forums.  $100 is the best price I've seen (except for the $53 that mine cost ;) )

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2017, 07:12:50 pm »
This is the slowest forum I've ever been a part of.  And the GH forum is even slower.  I've been trying to keep my Alexa and GH threads in the appropriate sub-forums.  $100 is the best price I've seen (except for the $53 that mine cost ;) )

not totally sure by what you mean this being the slowest forum but it is a small one with only a hand full of active members and I am guessing no moderators and one administrator (based on how long spam posts stay online).    so there could be times when there is a wait to get a replay.   

malliekm

« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2017, 07:16:39 pm »
I realize it's a small forum and frankly don't understand why.  As popular as the Echo is, I thought it would see much more traffic.  I like it here! :)

« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2017, 07:18:58 pm »
No... I only work with this part of the forums and the "Assistive Technologies parts... Sorry... maybe someone alreaqdy posted it...

then you will miss stuff.  personally I always click on all recent unread posts so that I don't miss a post.  once I reply to those I want I will click on mark all unread posts as read.  This is what I do in every forum I belong to.   I don't miss any new posts this way.  the only disadvantage is sometimes I am not paying attention to the section I am in and give an invalid reply, for example, replying in the UK section using US information