Echo & Alexa Forums

Alexa messaging and calling in the UK

MacNee

Re: Alexa messaging and calling in the UK
« Reply #60 on: October 03, 2017, 04:46:18 am »
Im sure It's the alexa app software that needs updating to support the call and messaging. If you look at the app version the newest one is now 2.1.366.5 on play store.

AlanH

« Reply #61 on: October 03, 2017, 04:52:41 am »
Makes sense. I updated the iOS app and now have the Conversations icon, but the Echo firmware is the same as before.

Jon1606

« Reply #62 on: October 03, 2017, 05:00:06 am »
I am running the app from an apple ipad (Ios), and have client version 1.14.2698.0 bridge version 2.1.162.0.

I am sure this is up to date.

What is your device version?

AlanH

« Reply #63 on: October 03, 2017, 05:05:42 am »
On both iPhone and iPad:
Client Version 1.24.2698.0
Bridge Version 2.1.368.0

samsethi

« Reply #64 on: October 03, 2017, 10:29:51 am »
iOS all working now after app update.  Tested echo to echo AND echo to Alexa App on my phone.  Still cannot pair my echo to FireTV but did manage to stream the music from my FireTV (connected to the TV) onto the kitchen echo and of course music everywhere is working.Now setting up an Amazon household account to include the wife and kids so they can install their own Alexa app and thus we can all call and connect. 

Wondering if I can start a video call on my Alexa app iPhone and have it appear on my TV via the FireTV for my wife.   I guess once the echo dot is paired I will be able to do that?

phcjpp

« Reply #65 on: November 20, 2017, 04:21:58 pm »
Evening,

So I have been following this thread as I have been trying to get local echo to local echo intercom working (I can drop in from my iPhone to local echo just fine and I can call my own contact name in contacts from one local echo and it connects to the other local echo just fine.)

What I cannot do is drop in from one echo to another on my local network (e.g. Alexa drop in on Kitchen Echo from Study Echo).

Spoke to someone in support tonight and I quote "unfortunately it is not available in the UK just yet, there are a few features that at this moment are country specific. "

I have a UK amazon account.

Anyone?

Ta
Chris

Twitcher

« Reply #66 on: November 21, 2017, 05:37:23 am »
New member. It would help if latest posts came first - is there a way to change this?

My problem is with messaging. All echos were registered in my name as I alone have an Amazon account at home. I can call and message from my mobile (the one used to set up messaging) to home echos while I am out and about.

The problem is: My wife tries to call me on my mobile, when I'm out, from a house echo - but my mobile alexa app does not respond. Instead the house echos all glow green. So my wife is effectively calling herself. How can this problem be resolved?