Echo & Alexa Forums

Nice looking Dot Wall Mount - Any Recommendation?

Moonwatcher64

Nice looking Dot Wall Mount - Any Recommendation?
« on: June 05, 2017, 05:33:33 am »
Morning all, new here & installed first Dot just over a day ago with excellent results - Hue / Spotify / Music Unlimited / Audible / Audio out Sonos and some other bits....is a nice rounded project. So far so good.

Having set up it up, I'm now keen to hide it cosmetically! Have seen screw mounted and magnetic holders and was just wandering if any of you have any experiences or suggestions .... something that works well and looks the business as well.

Many thanks in advance

jim1590

Re: Nice looking Dot Wall Mount - Any Recommendation?
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2017, 10:38:49 am »
I use these and love them:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01NB11X0F/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

They also fit this hockey puck style 6 port USB charger very well.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MTS2WUA/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I have the charger wall mounted below the echo dot and I am able to power / charge the echo dot, an ipad, a phone and 2 tablets. All at the same time.

Moonwatcher64

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2017, 11:48:13 am »
Hi Jim, thanks for taking the time with the info.

Yes that mount looks elegant and simple...like it...the ones I have been looking at have been a little over engineered and showy. And that is available over here in the 51st state and indeed cheaply and on Prime.

Unfortunately I've not yet been able to source the very interesting usb hub over here in the UK and Amazon US does not ship to our location. Shame as that looks the business and matches up perfectly...really like that. It's too good not to find and will continue the hunt.

That's changed my thinking and approach some....indeed I'd not thought about the USB and charging side and our kitchen looks like a 1950's AT&T telephone exchange when the kids come back on a Sunday....this could just be the solution.

Many thanks for the advice

Moonwatcher64

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2017, 12:00:16 pm »
Ahh turns out we can get it in the third world.....it's branded Jelly Comb but is the same item and again great price....well same in GBP as it is for you in dollars but good enough.

jim1590

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2017, 02:19:36 pm »
Glad I could be of a help.

Oh, a tip for the charging block.... get 2. I have one in the bedroom as well. Powers the dot in there as well as the overnight charging of mass quantities of devices which sap our will to actually communicate face-to-face (uh I mean the phones and tablets).

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2017, 05:32:04 am »
I have a white dot and use a white cable tie to hang it.  cannot see it  :-)

http://imgur.com/dW1UYhb
« Last Edit: June 06, 2017, 06:05:23 am by renegade600 »