Echo & Alexa Forums

Would you buy a Google home on eBay?

malliekm

Would you buy a Google home on eBay?
« on: June 02, 2017, 12:23:16 am »
I just looked and found several at prices I'm  comfortable spending from sellers with 100%positive ratings.  All new and in box.

mike27oct

Re: Would you buy a Google home on eBay?
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2017, 01:00:48 am »
I'd never buy used electronics; especially if it needs to be registered like Alexa or Home.  if this is not the case, items are new, and sellers have excellent ratings, and have sold a lot of stuff, then why not buy?

What's the prices you see?  Like I said, I like buying from Newegg. l have bought a lot of new stuff from them for years.  Most shipping is free and gets to me in 3-5 days.  I have bought plenty from eBay, and Amazon, too.  I do my part to keep the economy rolling along.

I am comfortable with my price paid today for the Home. The way I see it, I have made plenty lately (especially just in this week) in the stock market -- enough to buy a whole bunch of cartons of Google Homes, so why not celebrate the stock market rise a little!  Basically, my new Home is free!

malliekm

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2017, 01:55:24 am »
I like the way you think!
Yes as I stated they are new and in box and are from sellers with high ratings (100%).  Mostly in the $60 range.  I'm "watching" a few of them.

mike27oct

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2017, 03:52:54 am »
I like th $60 prices, especially if they are "buy it now" prices; then just buy it.  I have for years, skipped the auction low ball, come-on prices and bidding.  If I want something that is not "rare" I avoid the auction scene and use "buy it now" and be done with it. I saw too many auctions get weird and crazy at the end and saw many pay more than the item was worth.

Good luck; I will be envious if you do get one for the $60 price point!

malliekm

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2017, 02:17:40 am »
I rarely if ever do the bidding thing on ebay.  I get too anxious!  But the buy it now GHs are over $100.  I'd like to stay below $70.  One I was watching ended earlier tonight for $76.  I'm  in no hurry since I already have one and 3 Dots.  Have a $56 credit at Lowes.  That's already $73 (+tax).  If it goes on sale, I'll be able to get it to the price point I'm trying for.

mike27oct

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2017, 02:39:17 am »
Well, the Newegg deal was sold out in a day; by this morning.  We shall see what I get.