Echo & Alexa User Discussions and Support Forums

When a person is not breathing, permanent brain damage begins after 4 minutes and death in 6 minutes after that. Can you count on help arriving before that time? Learning proper CPR techniques is easy and you can learn it in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.

Would you buy a Google home on eBay?

Would you buy a Google home on eBay?
« on: June 02, 2017, 12:23:16 am »
I just looked and found several at prices I'm  comfortable spending from sellers with 100%positive ratings.  All new and in box.

Re: Would you buy a Google home on eBay?
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2017, 01:00:48 am »
I'd never buy used electronics; especially if it needs to be registered like Alexa or Home.  if this is not the case, items are new, and sellers have excellent ratings, and have sold a lot of stuff, then why not buy?

What's the prices you see?  Like I said, I like buying from Newegg. l have bought a lot of new stuff from them for years.  Most shipping is free and gets to me in 3-5 days.  I have bought plenty from eBay, and Amazon, too.  I do my part to keep the economy rolling along.

I am comfortable with my price paid today for the Home. The way I see it, I have made plenty lately (especially just in this week) in the stock market -- enough to buy a whole bunch of cartons of Google Homes, so why not celebrate the stock market rise a little!  Basically, my new Home is free!

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2017, 01:55:24 am »
I like the way you think!
Yes as I stated they are new and in box and are from sellers with high ratings (100%).  Mostly in the $60 range.  I'm "watching" a few of them.

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2017, 03:52:54 am »
I like th $60 prices, especially if they are "buy it now" prices; then just buy it.  I have for years, skipped the auction low ball, come-on prices and bidding.  If I want something that is not "rare" I avoid the auction scene and use "buy it now" and be done with it. I saw too many auctions get weird and crazy at the end and saw many pay more than the item was worth.

Good luck; I will be envious if you do get one for the $60 price point!

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2017, 02:17:40 am »
I rarely if ever do the bidding thing on ebay.  I get too anxious!  But the buy it now GHs are over $100.  I'd like to stay below $70.  One I was watching ended earlier tonight for $76.  I'm  in no hurry since I already have one and 3 Dots.  Have a $56 credit at Lowes.  That's already $73 (+tax).  If it goes on sale, I'll be able to get it to the price point I'm trying for.

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2017, 02:39:17 am »
Well, the Newegg deal was sold out in a day; by this morning.  We shall see what I get.