Get CPR certified in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.
Echo & Alexa Forums

Echo to Mac streaming Itunes to receiver

malonepa

Echo to Mac streaming Itunes to receiver
« on: November 01, 2016, 01:33:07 pm »
I stream my iTunes music library from my iMac to my receiver via Airplay. Is it possible to pair the Echo with my iMac to initiate voice control? Thank you

stuartrozier

Re: Echo to Mac streaming Itunes to receiver
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2017, 12:19:52 pm »
Hello,
did you ever find a way to do this, ?

im wanting to control my mac's iTunes with alexa voice control, i read it was possible via bluetooth paring, but they don't seem to talk to each other,

Stuart

Alpha Bitch

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2017, 08:05:39 pm »

im wanting to control my mac's iTunes with alexa voice control, i read it was possible via bluetooth paring, but they don't seem to talk to each other,

Stuart
I have the 2nd gen DOT.  My iTunes is connected to my DOT through bluetooth.  I also have voice control.  I have an iMac.

============

Quote from: malonepa
I stream my iTunes music library from my iMac to my receiver via Airplay. Is it possible to pair the Echo with my iMac to initiate voice control? Thank you
Bloothooth.  I also have an iMac & 2nd gen DOT.

jsr84

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2017, 08:07:41 pm »
I connected my Mac to my Echo via bluetooth and I play my iTunes through Echo.  I can tell it to pause or skip songs and it works great.  It will not however play a certain artist or song by asking Echo. Hope this helps. 

mike27oct

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2017, 08:27:16 pm »
Above can likely be done with a Win PC as well, since computer's music can be sent via BT to Echo, and Echo can pause (skip or stop) via voice command.  It doesn't matter where music originates from.